Most compatible Z490 Motherboard Discussion

anannyo

4 posts in this topic

So it has been a month till the 10th Gen intel processor in the market and it seems the most compatible motherboard so far is Gigabyte Z490 Vison D as there are already so many successful builds with this motherboard! Now, Gigabyte motherboards have been discouraged by hackintosh community specifically as the CFG is locked in Gigabyte motherboards and there is no option to unlock the CFG form BIOS. And that was the main reason I also wanted to go for ASUS motherboard and as I want to use this i9-10900K build for video editing and rendering tasks; I wanted to use specialized ASUS motherboard ProArt Z490 Creator specifically for this build. But it seems everybody whoever tired so far with this motherboard had so much issues to do so that many of them already gave up and some even discouraging to get this motherboard for hackintosh. Now of course who has already built hackintosh knows the importance of having CFG unlocked on motherboard; so of course there are other ways to unlock the CFG and those methods are being used to unlock the Gigabyte motherboards. But my question is: how the 2 specific Gigabyte motherboards, Vision D & G, are being so good for hackintosh while the other more supposed to be hackintosh friendly motherboards have not been!! I know it is still early days for hackintoshing with 10 gen processors & hence motherboards although MacOS has 10th gen support already; however, this specific confusion still kept me getting the motherboard!! I have got almost everything, just out of stock & overpriced stuffs like PSU, but what is the point of buying the overpriced PSU while I still can't decide the motherboard for my build!!!

10 hours ago, anannyo said:

So it has been a month till the 10th Gen intel processor in the market and it seems the most compatible motherboard so far is Gigabyte Z490 Vison D as there are already so many successful builds with this motherboard! Now, Gigabyte motherboards have been discouraged by hackintosh community specifically as the CFG is locked in Gigabyte motherboards and there is no option to unlock the CFG form BIOS. And that was the main reason I also wanted to go for ASUS motherboard and as I want to use this i9-10900K build for video editing and rendering tasks; I wanted to use specialized ASUS motherboard ProArt Z490 Creator specifically for this build. But it seems everybody whoever tired so far with this motherboard had so much issues to do so that many of them already gave up and some even discouraging to get this motherboard for hackintosh. Now of course who has already built hackintosh knows the importance of having CFG unlocked on motherboard; so of course there are other ways to unlock the CFG and those methods are being used to unlock the Gigabyte motherboards. But my question is: how the 2 specific Gigabyte motherboards, Vision D & G, are being so good for hackintosh while the other more supposed to be hackintosh friendly motherboards have not been!! I know it is still early days for hackintoshing with 10 gen processors & hence motherboards although MacOS has 10th gen support already; however, this specific confusion still kept me getting the motherboard!! I have got almost everything, just out of stock & overpriced stuffs like PSU, but what is the point of buying the overpriced PSU while I still can't decide the motherboard for my build!!!

As today, Gigabyte UEFI/BIOS firmwares are still lock. I just check today. At first I thought the new UEFI firmwares where unlock by default but I was wrong, they are still lock. But luckily there is a new tool that can handle this easily with Clover or OpenCore which is CFGLock.efi

Edited by Tecnicaso Rico
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Tecnicaso Rico said:

As today, Gigabyte UEFI/BIOS firmwares are still lock. I just check today. At first I thought the new UEFI firmwares where unlock by default but I was wrong, they are still lock. But luckily there is a new tool that can handle this easily with Clover or OpenCore which is CFGLock.efi

I know man, I know that. I think I am being obsessed for the most compatible motherboard and there are ASUS motherboards that are CFG unlocked; so I think I am being more hopeful than I need to be :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...