1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm a software developer that's new to hackintoshing.  Attempted both Catalina and Mojave.  My current config gets stuck before the installer.  The logo appears with progress bar near 1%.  My previous attempts got me through to the installer where I used Disk Utility to Erase the disk and created one GUID partition with APFS format, and after several minutes the first reboot brings back the logo with progress bar near 1%.  I never get to "x minutes remaining".

Using DEBUG versions. 

opencore-log.zip

ubuntu-logs.zip

EFI.zip

PS: SMBIOS/UUID redacted with sed in both log+config.

Edited by lat7280hd620

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By chris1111
      Here my theme of OC 

How to create are own Theme with Icnspack-Builder

You can also have the themes on ➤ Github

You can also have the themes on ➤ HTML Page

• By IronManJFF
      Z77MX-QUO-AOS Migrating from OZ to OpenCore (based on OpenCore 0.5.7-2020-03-08)

0) Disclaimer : This a Guide for the QUO motherboard, 100% to fail on any other. I have not tested it with iGPU only so take note. I have not tested it with any other SMBIOS than iMac13,2. I have not tested 'FileVault' drives or Fusion drives.
      1) Backup your current firmware and settings  use Q-Flash  Save BIOS to ROM... if you don't and end up with a brick you deserve what is happening to you

2) Backup your data, only fools don't take backups

Follow these steps ..don't come bitching if you don't do them in the correct order (and don't be creative, well you can be after you make it work with this recipe)

3) Retrieving info, you will need using HackinTool 
      Board Serial Number  ROM ModelIdentifier Serial Number System ID 4) Download "OC to OC Migration.zip" (to come) and extract it 
      5) Now Open this file using XCode or your favorite Plist Editor

6) Fill in the info from Step 3 in the Generic Section (don't touch anything else)

7) Save as config.plist

8) Open your EFI folder from your boot drive (the one that has the OZ folder), time to copy the stuff over

9) Time to flash the OC-friendly firmware, put the firmware on a USB stick and flash it

10) If all goes well when it reboots , you will see the original QUO Boot Logo and then it will greet you with a Bootpicker screen .. kinda like when you hold Option on a real Mac. something like (to see reset NVRAM, Recovery HD and access to UEFI Shell from this screen .. press Spacebar)

11) Choose which OS to Boot and enjoy!

Special Topics:

The OC-friendly firmware basically it is :
             The H20-XMASS firmware
      stripped of Ozmosis, FakeSMC, HFS, APFSDriverLoader,VoodooHDA and anything Oz specific while retaining the DSDT that made it special snapped back the QUO Boot Logo from the original firmware (F3A) was the only way I found to fix black screen on cold boot Optimized Defaults values to be OC-friendly       

To get into UEFI Shell before invoking OC ---> Hold F12 at startup (nothing new)
      Setting Default Boot Drive ---> OC honors Startup Disk Control Panel
      Windows (UEFI) ---> Two ways , pick one and stick with it
      From OC Boot Picker (that is what I do) From the mobo native boot picker (Holding F12 at startup and choosing Windows) HD4000 headless ---> In firmware setting .. iGPU enabled, Init Display first PEG (that's it --will not work with SMBIOS MacMini), make sure you have a working setup before enabling this feature.
      Parrallels Desktop, VMWare Fusion, Virtual Box --> In firmware setttings, Intel Virtualization Technology  Enabled (i left it off by default because there might be people with Sandy Bridge or Pentium CPU)

To remove the BootPicker at startup (you can still make it show by holding Option at boot) --> Set ShowPicker key to false in config.plist
      To disable the BootChime et startup --> Set AudioSupport key to false in config.plist

Troubleshooting:

To retrieve Debug log from Terminal
      nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:boot-log | awk '{gsub(/%0d%0a%00/,"");gsub(/%0d%0a/,"\n")}1'  
      Get the migration kit (0.5.8)

Updated Kit for 0.5.9

Updated Kit for 0.6.0

*** WARNING I am having issues with 0.6.1 don't apply unless you can revert to 0.6.0 ***
      *** Issue is : Get prohibited sign on cold boot ...under investigation ***
      Updated Kit for 0.6.1
      *** WARNING I am having issues with 0.6.1 don't apply unless you can revert to 0.6.0 ***
      *** Issue is : Get prohibited sign on cold boot ...under investigation ***

• By mridhulofficial
      Hi team,
      Please advice me for the issue. Already gone through other posts.
      My spec Ryzen 9 3900x and Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC motherboard.
      I installed Cataliana on my system .. everything looking perfect exept ethernet. Installed LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext and ethernet is showing on network window but no internet connection. Adjusted hardware settings in network as Manually/100baseTX/full-duplex, flow-control but issue not fixed.
      Please help me.

Thanks is advance.
    • By MacLover1984
      I am installing MacOS Catalina by OpenCore version 0.6.1 with following configuration:
      ·         Ryzen 7 3700X,
      ·         Sapphire Nitro RX 5500XT,
      ·         MSI x570 tomahawk wifi with Realtek® 8125B 2.5G LAN controller
      I have gathered all required files and doable with LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext[V1.0.0d6] according to installation guide. But when I am going to install Catalina, a message “An internet connection is required to install MacOS” is showing. Please guide me to resolve the issue.

config.plist
      Info.plist
    • By lizdav
      Hi,

I would like to ask for some advice or help even.

I have had some usability issues in the past with my hackintosh so I installed Mojave for the second time but it keeps producing the same exact problem. Most of the time the system stutters and lags after login. The app icons just bounce if I want to open them and even if it does it takes forever. Another thing I picked up on is that it seems like there's no internet access whenever this occurs. The problem ceases after like 2-3 restarts and everything is back to normal. 

What could cause an issue like this? I had the same thing happening with my previous install but I thought that was because of unnecessary kexts I left in the EFI. I only have the bare minimum required this time so I'm kinda lost.

Computer specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte B360M D3H
      Graphics: Radeon Vega 64 8OC
      CPU: Intel i7 8700k
      Ram: 32 Gig
      SSD: Samsung Evo 860 250gb

I also have a separate HDD with Windows 10 installed for gaming purposes. I would greatly appreciate any kind of help, thanks in advance!

–David

config.plist