[HELP] Finishing setting up one of High Sierra's "bitter enemy"

1 post in this topic

Hi all! I'm "new" in this forum and in this MAC world: i know Windows world and i can manage most of BIOS options, but i'm totally new about all MAC-related stuffs.

I have a HP dv6-3103sl laptop (i5 460M + HD5470M, i think it's like a demon for a MAC system) and i tried to get High Sierra working on it.

I've been studying for 2 weeks here (reading tons of toipics) trying getting at least the first High Sierra installation loading bar. A nightmare.

BUT. At 2am, at last desperate try (i attach last Clover config used to make it boot), finally i was able to fully install High Sierra!

Now i have a working system, but i need to improve it a lot. I have also installed Clover r5118 on it, copying same config used for the installation.

In first time, i tried to follow this guide and using all stuffs inside (El Capitan 1011 + Windows 10 FullGPT on HP dv6-3103sl) to get into the High Sierra installer, but i only got really early crashes: i think i can't use El Capitan-related configs on High Sierra, even if i still have to try that config in my actual working machine.

But from the Clover stuffs in that El Capitan guide, i just used these kexts who are actually working:

- RTL8111

- AtherosWifiInjector

- AppleHDA

Now i need to get one of two GPUs working (a problematic Arrandale iGPU vs. an ATI HD5470 who didn't work in any MAC system), and all stuffs ACPI-related, like Backlight/Battery Management/etc, cause i get some errors while booting. I think i need a modded DSDT too, but i don't know if i can find and use something similar to my laptop specs.

And, minor issue, USB pendrives work, but not a USB mouse.

Hope someone can help me to finish setting up my High Sierra-based system! :thumbsup_anim:

[SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH, at least hope you understand what i said]

CLOVER.zip