Kernel panic in KBL Graphics after trying to update to catalina 10.15.5

Nancy10

2 posts in this topic

hey!

I am trying to fix a kernel panic that occurred after trying to update to Catalina, right now I am not certain if it is due to the update somehow failing because I wasn't there when the update finished and I found myself rebooted into the KP. 

I have tried reinstalling macOS from the recovery but that got stuck at "could not create preboot for apfs install" and that apparently means i need to erase my disk which is not an option now. 
(I have attached a picture of the KP) 

IMG_20200602_111250.jpg.e9658e1e81a3dc79ff8da23dabb7218b.jpg.19d1ce91945973df2e0fc955e20b1f68.jpg

My machine is a dell latitude 7480 with an i7 7th and gen 620HD Graphics 

I have tried

- This entire EFI folder which is supposed to be an exact match to my configuration and is supposed to boot Catalinahttps://github.com/TranNgocKhoa/Dell-Latitude-7480-Hackintosh

- Using the arguments -igfxvesa and -disabledgfxfirmware each on its own and combinedCLOVER - Final 4juin.rar
- Using FakeID in graphics injector without injecting intel and with injecting intel

- Using 0x12345678 as platform-id in graphics injector without and with injecting intel 

- the two above combined

- All of the above combined

With all of those tries, I still get the same KP. Only in the case where a fake platform-id has been assigned, I get an error saying that GPU failed to connect with the framebuffer and the boot gets stuck.

My questions are what could cause this persistent KP If all those options didn't work ? do I need to have something in the system cache that is missing?  

I have attached my last CLover i am using 

CLOVER - Final 4juin.rar

@Nancy10, I'm new to framebuffer patching, but here are a couple of thoughts for you:

• Upgrade Lilu, WhateverGreen to latest versions
  • You have no framebuffer connector patches in your CLOVER device properties.  I'm not familiar with UHD 620 patching, but is that correct?  Have you read this guide to see which framebuffer candidates might apply to you?  You can see the framebuffer patching approach that I used here.
  • I believe you should remove IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext when you're using WhateverGreen.kext as per this guide
  • I believe you should remove FakePCIID.kext when using WhateverGreen.kext as per this guide
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext caused problems for me with 10.15.5.  Switch to IntelMausi.kext here.
  • Remove your I2C sensor kexts while trying to debug (to eliminate them as variables until you get everything working)
  • As per this guide, I don't believe you should be using the Clover Graphics Inject (you are injecting Graphics ProductID) when you use WhateverGreen.kext.

One other thought - you might want to post your attachments compressed with the built-in Apple Archiver.  I haven't seen many .rar attachments which need an app other than the built-in apple archiver and that may prevent some people from looking at your stuff.

Edited by tonyx86