macOS Catalina | OpenCore 0.5.8 | Dual Xeon E5-2560v4 | Supermicro X10DRL-i

alvarolb

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am new to Hackintosh, and have been trying to install macOS Catalina in my Dual Xeon, without success at this moment (i think this is the worst start for a beginner :worried_anim:). I have followed the guide from OpenCore 0.5.8 for a Broadwell-E (although it is a Broadwell-EP). 

I can get the OpenCore boot menu to install macOS, but then it hangs in the process. The last message shown in the Opencore Log is the following.

35:223 00:061 AAPL: [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2020-05-19T14:41:47

I have tried to fix possible errors according to this section, but I arelady had the workarounds configured. The last thing I see in the screen is different than the log.

image.thumb.png.57faf71c6296801dc85ee4c0300acbe8.png

A thing different to the guide, is that I must include DSDT.aml into ACPI/config.plist, otherwise, it won't boot OpenCore, why?. I am currently using the aspeed VGA from the motherboard, but I have purchased an RX580X that I will install in the following days. 

I include the EFI folder with my current setup. Anyone in a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.

EFI.zip

• 7 months later...

I can get the OpenCore boot menu to install macOS, but then it hangs in the process. The last message shown in the Opencore Log is the following.

35:223 00:061 AAPL: [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2020-05-19T14:41:47

I have tried to fix possible errors according to this section, but I arelady had the workarounds configured. The last thing I see in the screen is different than the log.

Can you tell me how you got past this error I'm on dual X79 and am stuck at exactly the same error, I can only boot with 1 Processor enabled.

Regards,

Rocketman