Lenovo Yoga S740 14IIL

1Ale1

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I chose to move the topic from aptiomemoryfix discussion here, in order to keep everything tidy and to avoid confusion. For admins reading here, you can hide the original post to avoid duplicates if this causes issues.

I have a lenovo Yoga S740, with the i7 1065G7 (pretty much the same CPU as the MacBookAir9,1 which has only a different SKU, "i7 1060NG7" but it's the same chip) - a little O.T, i managed to unlock the MSR 0xE2 register on this machine by manually editing the parameter "01" at the offset 0x43 from bios, changed it to "00" and confirmed by VerifyMsrE2.efi, so in the EFI attached you won't find AppleXCPMCfgLock.

This was the situation at first glance.

index.jpg

We've also found by checking the DSDT that the USBs are defined in then DSDT and we also discoveredthe thunderbolt controller is embedded in the CPU. With ReleaseUSBOwnership (Clover equivalent would be FixOwnership) we sometimes managed to skip this issue as well.

index1.jpg

But...

No luck so far with Ice Lake, I'm trying to make it boot but I'm getting always the same errors, either stalls at Pci Configuration End,

or Kernel Panics on "FaultCR2" (i have also tried with fixHeaders with clover, also tried different clover versions, also tried all what i said before with only fakeSMC which is independent and requires no plugins), but here's the result

index2.jpg

When trying with VirtualSMC + Lilu and Clover however, we haven't been able to boot yet, even with -igfxvesa and a fakeCPUID.

index3.jpg

We've also tried OpenCore, but still the issue persists either on that kernel panic if the DSDT is loaded, or stalls at

PCI configuration End here

Screenshot 2020-04-12 at 22.24.06.png

Or when loading the DSDT here (this is the furthest we've gone so far) with WeG Lilu and Virtual SMC compiled at the latest commit today at 21:00 (GMT +1:00) 

inde6x.jpg

I attach here the EFI.zip and the screenshots. We managed to find some workarounds to this issue by hiding the thunderbolt from devices/properties, and also to solve the battery ACPI alert by editing the DSDT, but still stuck here.

Could we assume that the issue is the CPU itself?

Is ice Lake fully supported in this situation or do we need to wait for the release of the new OpenCore 0.5.8 and new Kexts such as Lilu 1.4.4, the new WeG 1.3.9 and virtualSMC 1.1.3?

Maybe something more needs to be added in those libraries and on OpenCore or is everything dependent upon Catalina to support this CPU? 

And what about the Iris Plus Graphics (the intel G7)?

I've seen that these days Andrey has updated the manuals (FAQ.Intel.en.md) but still we don't have framebuffers with fbmem different from Zero yet? (but this is another story since here we're still stuck on this kernel panic).

I'm stuck here, but I don't know what the problem could be.

Any help is highly appreciated, also lots of this work was made by the awesome community at macos86.it 

image.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

fter referring to the efi of TUNIN96, I entered the system desktop!
Now the completion is very low!
ok: sound card(Sound card microphone popping sound and ten seconds before playing card), frequency conversion, Bluetooth;
no: graphics card, touchpad, and so on!
There is an urgent need to solve the problem: the time is abnormal and the rotation is fast! Time jumps two seconds or more in one second!
Attach EFI!
Hope that everyone who is the same Lenovo and the same machine we can complete the adaptation of this machine!\ 'r

Here you can find my efi https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/install-catilina-on-yoga-s740-1065g7.300388/

this is time problem :Time problem( runs too fast).zip

yogas740-6-29-clover.rarACPI.zipcodec.zip 

for now,only fackid can get in system!