[Tool] Thinkpad Assistant

MSzturc

18 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I know that a lot of you are using a Lenovo Thinkpad as Hackintosh. For those i've created an Assistant Application that allows you to use all your Function Keys on your Laptop. It should be compatible to all T-, R-, X- and E-Series Models with the right Keyboard mapping.

Features

• Fn+F4: Mute / Unmute Microphone
  • Fn+F7: Screen mirroring / Screen extending
  • Fn+F8: Activate / Deactivate Wi-Fi
  • Fn+F9: Open System Preferences
  • Fn+F12: Open Launchpad

Demo

Spoiler

demo.gif

Keymapping

Spoiler

For those who want give it a try make sure to use the following keyboard mapping:

- Fn+F4 -> F20

- Fn+F7 -> F16

- Fn+F8 -> F17

- Fn+F9 -> F18

- Fn+F12 -> F19

or you can take my SSDT from my lastest openCore build from here (dont forget to add ACPI patches in you config.plist)

Download & Changelog

GitHub

Edited by MSzturc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, dunglq2ah said:

i question about ThinkpadAssistant. Can use it for Clover and if can how to use? thanks for you!

It should work in a Clover based build too. You have to copy the ssdt to ACPI/patched and patch the acpi's in your config.plist

I released today ThinkpadAssistant 1.2.0. You can download it here

The biggest change is multi language support. Currently I support only english and german but more could be added if you provide me a translation.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IDON-NO said:

Why it doesn't work with High Sierra ?

That's because i developed it on Catalina. Im not sure if it's running on older Systems without modifications. I've attached a Version with all needed dependencies to run. It might work but i couldn't test it since i dont have an older OSX running.

ThinkpadAssistant.app.zip

• Like 1

Today I released ThinkpadAssistant 1.3.0. The new Version is now able to activate F4 Status LED when microphone is muted. Therefore a patched SSDT-KBRD.dsl is needed which I attached inside the release notes

Today I released ThinkpadAssistant 1.4.0. You can download it here

Changelog:

• feature: New Hotkey management solution. Now we are able to determine which key got pressed without MASShortcut Framework. This allows us to listen for more specific keys like right_shift or left_command. Beside Thinkpad Assistant is now 300kb smaller
  • bugfix: mute shortcut used key combos thats affected by Swap command and option property. You have to patch you SSDT-KBRD.dsl (example: here )
  • bugfix: Statusbar icon size reduced to 18px
  • bugfix: proper menuIcon highlighting
  • Added Italian language support ( thx @simprecicchiani )

Today I released ThinkpadAssistant 1.5.1. You can download it here

Changelog:

• Popup window's style is looks now more like the system's original ones
  • Added About Dialog with Version informations
Edited by MSzturc

• 2 weeks later...

Today I released ThinkpadAssistant 1.6.0. You can download it here

Changelog:

• Added Shortcut Left Shift+F17 to toggle Bluetooth
  • Added Czech language

Bluetooth toggle is bound to left shift+F17(WLAN toggle). If you a X1 Carbon user you could bound it to your Bluetooth Button on your Keyboard in ACPI with this snippet:

// Left Shift + F17
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.KBD, 0x012a)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.KBD, 0x0368)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.KBD, 0x01aa)

On 5/6/2020 at 7:31 PM, MSzturc said:

I released today ThinkpadAssistant 1.2.0. You can download it here

The biggest change is multi language support. Currently I support only english and german but more could be added if you provide me a translation.

thanks.  i can question about OC i take EFI of you to install Mac OS but i cant, i get error in pic. Can u see help me?

My laptop T460- 6600- HD520- ALC 293- SSD Intel 256- Broadcom943260cs. I install with clover it OK? BUT OC it stop here.

IMG_0746.JPG

Edited by dunglq2ah

Today I released ThinkpadAssistant 1.7.0. You can download it here

Changelog:

• Added Keyboard Backlight HUD. To enable it you have to patch your ACPI (_Q1F), see Sample T460
  • Mojave support ( use 10.14.6 )
  • bugfix: getDisplayCount returns 1 on mirrored displays. This causes an error where switching back to extending is not working

Demo: 

Spoiler

backlight.gif.17ff6ab861c7039c821782b2f8505374.gif

For those who update from v1.6 and before:

A SSDT modification is needed to get keyboard backlight hud working. Here is the change i made for T460

Edited by MSzturc

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi all, im wish ask if the ThinkPad Assist is compatible with Clover, because im was using with Opencore and works very fine, its an excellent program, my Keys is nice. Works only Caps Lock Keyboard. 

My Lenovo is a E470 Séries. 

Im boot with Clover but not know is is necessary some special config. 

Thanks a lot!! 

EDIT: Im fix with ACPI patches and works fine with Clover r5156 

Edited by Max.1974