Injecting Custom EDID not working

hectorox

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I am totally frustrated. My Custom EDID is not being injected. For two days I have tried a lot of things and everything ended up without injecting the custom edid. I tried it through clover (CustomEDID section, Device/Properties Section), DSDT patching (adding EDID information in DSDT Section)...

I am using newest clover bootloader (r5111) in legacy mode with catalina.

My Internal Display is not recognized correctly, thats why I need to inject my customEDID values (It is recognized as an External Display)

Can somebody help me? I will attach some necessary files

config.plist

DSDT.aml

hectorox’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Hi,

Sorry,

my Hardware info:

ASUS VX5/MacBookAir5,1 | Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9000 Processor 2GHz | Mobile Intel® PM45 Express Chipset +ICH9M | Geforce GTX 260M +1920x1080 | DDR3 4GB 1066MHz | Realtek ALC663 | SSD 180GB | Catalina 10.15.4 | clover r5111

Hi Hervé,

Thanks for your suggestions. I actually tried a lot of different smbios configurations always with the same result. I switched then to the MacBookAir5,1 Smbios configuration, because my customedid is patched to trigger the internal lcd panel of that device, that´s why I thought maybe it would be better to switch to that smbios.

I did not use any kind of patcher, I made everything so far manually as much as I could. The only thing I needed was to allow SSE4.1 CPUs to boot correctly for catalina, as catalina does not allow these cpus anymore (minimum SSE4.2).

I also had nvidia GPU injected manually to DSDT, but it was the same result, so I switched back to let clover to the work again.

QE/CI is working fine with my actual setup, the GTX 260m is also recognized correctly. I think the main problem is that the installed lcd panel is not supported by mac, that´s probably why it is recognized as an external monitor. There is actually a good tutorial about this here in insanelymac https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290130-fixedid-v232-application-to-generate-overrides-automatically-for-apple-displays/, but without customedid working I dont think this can be fixed. As I do not have any more ideas I will try with one of your smbios suggestions and will take a look into your guide

Edited by hectorox