OpenCore doesn't show all partitions

vettz500

6 posts in this topic

So I have this odd issue with OpenCore. OC itself is new to me, but I've been searching for hours and can't find an answer. 

I have a Razerblade 15 2018 Advance Model with a 2TB NVMe SSD in it. On that SSD I have Windows, High Sierra and recently just installed Catalina. Right now I'm just giving Catalina a test run to make sure all of my audio programs and plugins work well with it, but High Sierra is my main OS right now. My High Sierra install is HFS and not APFS. OC will show the High Sierra Recovery, Windows and Catalina but refuses to show my High Sierra install as an option to boot. I have VBoxHFS.efi in the Drivers folder, it's also listed in my config.plist file to load. The Security ScanPolicy is set to 0. I can't find where in any configuration or setting as to why OC won't read my High Sierra partition. 

If I revert back to Clover, High Sierra shows up and boots just fine. 

Is there something I'm missing? 

My config.plist is attached incase there's some random setting I missed. 

Thanks! 

config.plist

I have a HP EliteBook 840G2, and encounter the same behavior, using OpenCore 0.5.7

I had to add UEFI/UnblockFsConnect to true,

now I can see my partition but I am not finish, I have this error: 

AAPL: [EB|`B:WFDW] Err(0xE), 0 @ LocHB 71B4903C-14EC-42C4-BDC6-CE1449930E49

so I'm still stuck. Just want to share to you if it's can help

• 2 weeks later...

i think maybe it could be due to the opencore version. havingg the same problem... went digging into forums and i stumbled upon a guy who says that he had everything working on OC 0.5.6, updated to 0.5.6 and solved the problem. in an hour an some i'll report my findings

23 minutes ago, Janeirin13 said:

i think maybe it could be due to the opencore version. havingg the same problem... went digging into forums and i stumbled upon a guy who says that he had everything working on OC 0.5.6, updated to 0.5.6 and solved the problem. in an hour an some i'll report my findings

0.5.7*

I was able to get OC 5.7 to boot on my G2, just tweaking the plist to get graphics and sleep working

UEFI - Quirks

ReleaseUsbOwnership = True.  <- will not boot without this being set to True or On.

Edited by Donw35