Dell Inspiron 3847 i7 4770 Catalina USB Install Help (Framebuffer?)

wwhack

5 posts in this topic

Posted this over in Reddit but I'm not getting a response so maybe someone here can help...

I've been loving the transition over to Opencore to keep our hackintoshes running great. I have fresh Catalina installs on a GA-Z87X i7 4770 & GA-Z390 i9 9900 so far and am happy with the results.

Using Opencore 0.5.7, I'm helping a friend with a fresh Catalina install on a Dell Inspiron 3847 i7 4770 , following the Opencore Vanilla guide as usual, including building the install USB from a windows machine. We've added the proper SSDT's by following instructions for SSDTtime and pulling from the target machine in Windows. We're successfully getting past the boot picker menu of Opencore, but are stuck at pictured.

My guess from the panic call is something to do with the Framebuffer? We're using the default ig-platform-id in the Haswell section of the guide but have also tried a few of the other desktop id's from the Framebuffer guide in the Haswell section to no avail. Is this my main action right now? Continue to try all of those ID's in the Device Properties' AAPL ig-platform-id entry? Is there anything else I'm missing here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

panic.jpg

Thank you Hervé for your response.

FakeSMC did not seem to make a difference and we are KP'ing at the same place. 

I agree with you that it's hard to imagine a different layout ID is needed for this chip. (I have it running smoothly, aside from sleep, in a GA-z87x). There's something about this Dell Inspiron that's not working.

I will try a different SMBIOS to see if that helps.

In my research, I came across someone saying that because Virtual SMC (or FakeSMC) is such an integral part of Mac emulation that it will invariably get called in a panic backtrace, but is ever rarely the sole cause of something going wrong.

Mmmmm. Any other troubleshooting ideas? The log from Opencore doesn't show the panic part.....

Thanks again.

share your EFI folder, that error doesn't indicate any graphics problem, make sure your BIOS option are set correctly, OC needs proper setting in BIOS and in config.plist...

• 2 months later...