Jump to content
6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Installed Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287) Vanilla with OpenCore on my HP Elitedesk 800 G2 Mini.

Everything is working (Wifi isn't but I'm using Ethernet anyway) but my second display.

I'm trying to get them both connected via DisplayPort as the only other output on my computer is VGA.

I've tried manually setting the framebuffer arguments, but I cannot get it to output to both displays. Yet if I unplug one and restart, it will use the other one just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 20.22.25.png

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 20.22.30.png

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 20.23.32.png

HP800G2-Mini.iojones

EFI.zip

Edited by lukeylad118
Forgot to add tags
On 4/9/2020 at 4:09 PM, lukeylad118 said:

Installed Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287) Vanilla with OpenCore on my HP Elitedesk 800 G2 Mini.

Everything is working (Wifi isn't but I'm using Ethernet anyway) but my second display.

I'm trying to get them both connected via DisplayPort as the only other output on my computer is VGA.

I've tried manually setting the framebuffer arguments, but I cannot get it to output to both displays. Yet if I unplug one and restart, it will use the other one just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HP800G2-Mini.iojones

EFI.zip

 

I'm about to try Catalina on a EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini, so I'm interested in your topic.  Did you have dual-display working in a previous version of macOS, or is 10.15.4 the first version that you installed?

  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 10:56 PM, tonyx86 said:

 

I'm about to try Catalina on a EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini, so I'm interested in your topic.  Did you have dual-display working in a previous version of macOS, or is 10.15.4 the first version that you installed?

I only recently bought my EliteDesk so I just went straight for Catalina.

I have got it working reliably, with one caveat being that I need to boot the system and login with 1 displayport cable plugged in and then once on the desktop, I can plug in the other monitor and it works just fine.

Other than that, system is stable and even the intel bluetooth works!

The thing that seemed to get the monitors working was disabling SIP, running ADGPFix and then re-enabling SIP.

My entire EFI (Opencore) can be found here. I'll do my best to respond faster and help if you run into any issues.

23 hours ago, lukeylad118 said:

The thing that seemed to get the monitors working was disabling SIP, running ADGPFix and then re-enabling SIP.

My entire EFI (Opencore) can be found here. I'll do my best to respond faster and help if you run into any issues.

 

Thank you for your reply!  Congrats on your hack.  My EliteDesk specs are below.  Hopefully I have luck with UHD 630.

  • EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
  • CPU: I7-8700T
  • Memory: 32GB DDR4
  • Display: 3 x DP
  • Wi-Fi: Intel (I know I'll need to change this if I want Wi-Fi)
  • Storage: 256GB M.2 NVMe SSD (1 M.2 NVMe slot is unused / still available and 1 standard SSD bay is unused / still available)
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 4:09 PM, lukeylad118 said:

Installed Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287) Vanilla with OpenCore on my HP Elitedesk 800 G2 Mini.

I'm trying to get them both connected via DisplayPort as the only other output on my computer is VGA.

I've tried manually setting the framebuffer arguments, but I cannot get it to output to both displays. Yet if I unplug one and restart, it will use the other one just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

I got multi-display working with the DP ports (DP -> DVI adapters) on my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini.  See this post.  Soon, I will be creating a thread that provides full details of the installation.

×
×
  • Create New...