Transition from Clover to OpenCore with Pentium G4560

Morpheus NS

6 posts in this topic

OK, after several days of trying to boot my macOS partition with OpenCore and eventually succeeding (Yay!), I still have to ask for help. I will try to describe my problem with as much detail as possible, I hope someone will be able to give me at least an explanation wth is going on. :)

I know (trust me, I do) that troubleshooting something like this isn't easy, so I'll dump everything here in hope that some good soul will find time and energy to try and sort through

I have G4560, which is unsupported and, in theory, needs FakeCPUID. That's fine. But somehow, in Clover, it doesn't. In clover, when I boot my partition with iMac18,3 SMBios I get this:

1118443529_Screenshot2020-04-09at18_43_51.png.9ff355c61c712d83b6487c4f3e44ba89.png

My processor is recognized as an i5, and it "works" as an i5 (probably not as good):

348000630_Screenshot2020-04-09at18_47_00.thumb.png.0ad1b15caf076a544b73be65c8685ce3.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Clover config: clover_config.plist and Clover boot log: clover_bootlog.txt

Clover EFI: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tnSuQfyhywaVleF6NZIBKBOk3hNsMsIl?usp=sharing

My OpenCore config: oc_config.plist and OpenCore boot log without FakeCPUID: opencore-2020-04-09-163233.txt

OpenCore EFI: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hBcOECjA9G_R8_Aj6S45kLSV6DWDxewn?usp=sharing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why can't I achieve the same level of performance with OpenCore?

What does Clover do differently and how can I "copy" whatever Clover does to OpenCore?

In OpenCore, with the same partition, same kexts, same SMBios I get violent restart.

When I enter FakeCPUID of 0x0106e3, my processor gets recognised as an i3, and gets stuck at 1GHz. Plus, my ASUS Nvidia GT710 suddenly has 1023MB of video memory.

FakeCPUID which is usually recommended for my processor (0x0306a0) never worked for me in all of my Hackintosh days.

So... what does Clover do to enable my CPU? What should I do to get "my i5" back in OpenCore?

Edited by Morpheus NS

23 hours ago, Morpheus NS said:

OK, after several days of trying to boot my macOS partition with OpenCore and eventually succeeding (Yay!), I still have to ask for help. I will try to describe my problem with as much detail as possible, I hope someone will be able to give me at least an explanation wth is going on. :)

I know (trust me, I do) that troubleshooting something like this isn't easy, so I'll dump everything here in hope that some good soul will find time and energy to try and sort through

I have G4560, which is unsupported and, in theory, needs FakeCPUID. That's fine. But somehow, in Clover, it doesn't. In clover, when I boot my partition with iMac18,3 SMBios I get this:

1118443529_Screenshot2020-04-09at18_43_51.png.9ff355c61c712d83b6487c4f3e44ba89.png

My processor is recognized as an i5, and it "works" as an i5 (probably not as good):

348000630_Screenshot2020-04-09at18_47_00.thumb.png.0ad1b15caf076a544b73be65c8685ce3.png

Clover EFI: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tnSuQfyhywaVleF6NZIBKBOk3hNsMsIl?usp=sharing

My OpenCore config: oc_config.plist and OpenCore boot log without FakeCPUID: opencore-2020-04-09-163233.txt

OpenCore EFI: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hBcOECjA9G_R8_Aj6S45kLSV6DWDxewn?usp=sharing

What does Clover do differently and how can I "copy" whatever Clover does to OpenCore?

In OpenCore, with the same partition, same kexts, same SMBios I get violent restart.

When I enter FakeCPUID of 0x0106e3, my processor gets recognised as an i3, and gets stuck at 1GHz. Plus, my ASUS Nvidia GT710 suddenly has 1023MB of video memory.

FakeCPUID which is usually recommended for my processor (0x0306a0) never worked for me in all of my Hackintosh days.

So... what does Clover do to enable my CPU? What should I do to get "my i5" back in OpenCore?

Under OpenCore EFI link you posted clover EFI. Were/are you able to boot with clover with Fake CPUID 0x0306a0 without KernelXCPM in Kernel and Kext Patches.

My mistake, I'll reupload OC EFI here and in original post. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hBcOECjA9G_R8_Aj6S45kLSV6DWDxewn?usp=sharing This is slightly modified, includes FakeCPUID and some settings are changed to be closer to patches I used in Clover. Now I get full 3.5GHz all the time with only slight variations.

In Clover I don't need any FakeCPUID at the moment, that's what "bothers" me. :) There is FakeCPUID entry in my config, but it is disabled.

0x0306A0 never worked for me under any macOS with this CPU. When it was necessary to use FakeCPUID (only for the installation if I remember correctly) I used 0x0106E0

Edited by Morpheus NS

• 1 month later...

I checked your config.plist from https://opencore.slowgeek.com/  (OpenCore v0.5.7 Intel Kaby Lake Sanity Check)

The following seems wrong.

FadtEnableReset = Yes but should normally be No

ProvideCustomSlide = No but should normally be Yes

AppleXcpmExtraMsrs = Yes but should normally be No

IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio = Yes but should normally be No

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2020 at 10:44 PM, Morpheus NS said:

Hi, can u share your EFI on github or something? V0.5.9?