Audio problem

MsujE

6 posts in this topic

Hello Allthis is the current situation of my audio problem, showing audio icon (can be increased and decreased the volume level), But not hearing sound. It indicates internal speakers only. I followed the guide(changing layout-ID etc.) and was not helpful. Please help me to solve this. The more information has been attached following file.

HP Pavilion 15 laptop

Mac-OS Mojave - Version 10.14.6

Processor - 1.99 GHz Intel core i7

Graphics - Intel UHD Graphics 620

Ram - 8 GB

Audioinfo.rar

2 hours ago, Steve-y said:

There's not much you can do other than try layouts for your ALC295. 

You can try unticking AFGLowPowerState (I never needed it for ALC) and remove the layout id there and add a boot flag with the layout like "alcid=3" instead. Compatible layouts for your chipset are 1, 3, 13, 14, 15, 21, 28, 77. You'd have to try them all and see which one exposes the right in and outputs.

Can you post your EFI folder? I'll have a look at it and see what's what. Sometimes it's something very simple. Like I've spend a good 30 minutes wondering why my audio wasn't showing up once. It was due to me using "-alcid=3" instead of "alcid=3" as boot flag.

Hello Steve-y, I want to give you my honest pleasure for you. Because your advice was worked. 13, 15, 21, 28 and 77 was compatible for my chipset. But now the sound is too low. It is indicating audio devices as mic and internal speakers only. My wifi, ethernet also not working still. here is my EFI folder. Please help me to solve this. Thank you so much!

EFI.zip

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 1.43.28 AM.png

Edited by sujeewa

Ethernet cards are not showing in my MACOS. I got this from WINDOWS

Name:    Ethernet
Description:    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

Name:    Wi-Fi
Description:    Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168

Edited by sujeewa

On 4/6/2020 at 9:01 PM, Steve-y said:

Intel Wifi won't work. Don't even bother trying. It simply won't work. As for ethernet, Realtek cards should work but it depends on the actual chipset used. Do you know what yours is based on? It's usually something like RTL8111 or some other string starting with RTL.

RTL8168

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 8:30 PM, Steve-y said:

Did you try any kexts for that chipset and what was the result?

yes. But not working. I check it using DCPI, that is not showing any Ethernet card.

Edited by sujeewa

• 4 weeks later...