herminien

Macbook air 2014 ; my keyboard works only after I click on "sticky keys" on accessibilty (and then stop working until I reclick it)

1 post in this topic

Hello,

(sorry for my english it's not my native langage)

I have a strange issue with my MacBook air (guess it's software, and I used the premium version of Avast to check any viruses). Some of the keyboard lettering doesn't work. I mean not the keyboard keys but really the letters. For example : when i Push the A on an azerty keyboard it doesn't work. But if I switch to Qwerty it's still the A who doesn't work. The keys working perfectly fine.

If I plug an USB keyboard this one works absolutely fine.

Also, when I click only the alternative click is working. With the trackpad or a bluetooth mouse.

But here is the strangest thing of all :

If I go to accessibility -> keyboard -> and click on enable sticky keys everything works perfectly fine : the click and the keyboard but not for a long time (actually it changes, sometimes it works for hours and some other for minutes)

To be totally exhaustive : When I tried to access my session I needed to type the password. But I needed the "a" which wasn't working (with the USB keyboard and the other). I went to the recovery system. There, the USB keyboard was working fine so I changed the password to use usable characters. But...The password wasn't changed.

So I used a bootable version of Catalina on a USB drive. The problem with the trackpad and the keyboard remained, but the UBS keyboard was working fine. And, this time the password asked to access the contents of the other users...was the one I changed and not the original one.

I erased the integrated drive, and re-installed the OS. But the issue remains.

I guess I need to go deeper in the system but i don't know how.

The MacBook has an other issue for a long time. When I close it, it doesn't go on standby. And now, even after going in standby he wakes up 2 minutes after.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By superdooper71
      Hi I wonder if you can help me out guys.
      I have few issues here
      • First
      when I boot the clover entry screen do not show the disk icons until i press enter
      (If I disconnect the keybord all is smooth, clover start, shows disk icons and boot from Mojave)
      • Second
      Randomly the keyboard and mouse become pretty unstable. The mouse cursor start flashing or the keyboard start to type repetedly <<<<<<<<<<< when i Press the spacebar or some other button
      (this behaviour is applied to all keyboard I have tried, actually 3 different ones)
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      KB and Mouse are plugged on a USB 3.0 ports
      I have tried to reset the keyboard Pref but NO LUCK
      I have changed Keyboard - Same error
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      I enclose IOREGregistry and config.plist

MY CURRENT BUILD
      ASROCK Z270 PRO4
      i7 7700K
      32GB DDR4
      Gigabyte GTX 760

I believe that there is some code conflict but I have no idea what is wrong

Please HELP
      Cheers
      Franco
      config.plist
      iMac di imac27.ioreg.zip
    • By guira
      Hey all, im new in Hackintosh world, I managed to install macOS Mojave in ASUS laptop x555LA, WIFI,HDMI,INTEL graphics, touchpad, laptop keyboard, ethernet, sound( barely, have to change it every time i run the laptop) is WORKING (after to much hours :D), also clover starts well without USB connected.
      Now my problem is that in clover, USB mouse and USB keyboard works perfectly but when MacOS load, don't know why, they stop working(just touchpad and lap keyboard working), I tried all to repair this but I can't, anyone can help me? also brightness not working but not a problem, just want USB keyboard and USB mouse working.
      AH and sorry for my English, im trying my best :D.
      btw, USB mouse and keyboard worked  when installing Mojave, but never worked in desktop or in login.
      Thanks so much , if u need more info I will be here!
    • By Gabigeek
      Hi everybody,
      First this is my first post on this forum so I hope Im creating a topic at the right place 
      Im french, so sorry for my bad english 

So I recently made a Hackintosh Laptop (on a ROG GL553VD-DM078T )
      This laptop is based on a i7 7700HQ and a GTX1050.
      I installed MacOS Sierra using the Clover bootloader and succesfully installed  the kexts needed but one of them is causing trouble.

I Broke my internal ethernet Port so I must use a USB-C ethernet dongle in order to acces the internet ( The Integrated Wifi chipset isn't compatible so that's my only way to connect.)
      Without the UsbInjectAll.kext everything works exept my laptop keyboard wich use USB (yes, the internal ASUS Aura keyboard use USB interface, not PS2 or IC2 ).
      But if I load the UsbInjectAll kext the keyboard works, but the USB-C ethernet dongle is no more recognized at all ( not even in the system report menu)
      The weird thing is that if I plug a USB stick in the USB-C port, it works, but the ethernet dongle won't.

So now I have 2 options :
      -or I load the UsbInjectAll kext and I get my keyboard to work
      -or I disable the UsbInjectAll kext so i can get back my ethernet USB-C dongle to work, but no more keyboard....

Can someone explain why do this happen ? Is there a way to get both The Ethernet dongle and my internal keyboard to work at the same time ?
      If Needed, I can provide more information about the hardware Used etc.

Have a good Day/night 
    • By Candrahm
      Hi everybody,

I'm new here and French. 
      I success to hack my Asus X751LJ and pass it to High Sierra 10.13.6, not easily, and everything works except the keyboard and the touchpad.
      I tried VoodooPS2Controller, ApplePS2SmartTouchpad, even VoodooI2C, but nothing works...
      Could someone help me? Is there a DSDT problem? Witch kext should I use?
      I post my ACPI and Kexts folders and my IOReg.
      Please... Help me. I'm desperate...
      MacBook Pro de Candrahm.ioreg
      Archive.zip
    • By wstrohm
      Cannot install Windows 7 on MacBook Air (13" mid-2013) running MacOS 10.13.6. Long story here. Originally, using the OEM 128 GB NVMe SSD, had one success with Boot Camp Assistant and a 36 GB Boot Camp partition. But it left only 8 GB free for apps. The partition could not be sized other than 8 GB or 36 GB because the Boot Camp Assistant software was failing in some way. I wanted more storage anyway, so I replaced the OEM SSD with a Kingston 480 GB NVMe SSD (+ Sintech adapter). That SSD worked (and works) fine, under Mac OS. Tried installing Windows 7 Ultimate once again using same process, but the partition sizes available were still only 8 GB and 36 GB.

I reinstalled MacOS 10.13.6 and that fixed the Boot Camp partitioning and allowed me a "Divide Equally" choice, so now I had (and have) 240 GB for Mac OS and 240 GB for a Windows partition. But now after the partitioning, and using either my original Microsoft download of the Win 7 ISO or a re-download of it, the Windows installer on my Kingston USB2 "Traveler" flash drive (which worked before) fails. Boot Camp Assistant takes me through the steps choosing the Windows installer as the startup disk, the computer does restart, I can see the screen light up to a dark (but not black) display, but the USB2 flash drive LED light is off (no activity compared to when it was/is used on Mac OS), and nothing else happens. If I manually choose the Windows installer by powering up with the Option key pressed, I get the choice of "Windows" or "MBA SSD" (the Mac OS partition), I can select the "Windows" icon, but although the computer restarts as I mentioned, the USB2 drive acts dormant. But this is the same flash drive I used to install Windows on the 128 GB OEM SSD earlier!

Anyone? Thanks for reading!