Macbook air 2014 ; my keyboard works only after I click on "sticky keys" on accessibilty (and then stop working until I reclick it)

herminien

1 post in this topic

Hello,

(sorry for my english it's not my native langage)

I have a strange issue with my MacBook air (guess it's software, and I used the premium version of Avast to check any viruses). Some of the keyboard lettering doesn't work. I mean not the keyboard keys but really the letters. For example : when i Push the A on an azerty keyboard it doesn't work. But if I switch to Qwerty it's still the A who doesn't work. The keys working perfectly fine.

If I plug an USB keyboard this one works absolutely fine.

Also, when I click only the alternative click is working. With the trackpad or a bluetooth mouse.

But here is the strangest thing of all :

If I go to accessibility -> keyboard -> and click on enable sticky keys everything works perfectly fine : the click and the keyboard but not for a long time (actually it changes, sometimes it works for hours and some other for minutes)

To be totally exhaustive : When I tried to access my session I needed to type the password. But I needed the "a" which wasn't working (with the USB keyboard and the other). I went to the recovery system. There, the USB keyboard was working fine so I changed the password to use usable characters. But...The password wasn't changed.

So I used a bootable version of Catalina on a USB drive. The problem with the trackpad and the keyboard remained, but the UBS keyboard was working fine. And, this time the password asked to access the contents of the other users...was the one I changed and not the original one.

I erased the integrated drive, and re-installed the OS. But the issue remains.

I guess I need to go deeper in the system but i don't know how.

The MacBook has an other issue for a long time. When I close it, it doesn't go on standby. And now, even after going in standby he wakes up 2 minutes after.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.