MSI Mystic Light behaving weirdly in MacOS

DiscoDancer

2 posts in this topic

Specs:-

CPU: 9700k
MOBO: MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
GPU: Sapphire 5700XT Nitro

The problem I am facing is with the way RGB is behaving in MacOS. I have couple of fans connected to the ARGB and RGB headers on my motherboard and the motherboard it self has some lights.
The problem is that when I boot into MacOS the RGB freezes completely and doesn't recover even after rebooting into windows or shutting down the machine. I have to completely disconnect power and wait for 10-15 secs for the RGB to reset.
At first I thought that it's a USB issue as there's an internal USB device present called 'Mystic Light' so I mapped it in the SSDT but that didn't fix the problem. Then I put in the limit patch and removed USB map to inject all ports that didn't fix the problem either. I also set up proper 'EC' device and still nothing.
I have tried just about everything I could I even tried purposefully breaking nvram support then setting up RGB in windows and then booting back into MacOS. I am completely out of ideas and would be grateful if someone more knowledgeable than me would like to have a look.

I had initially set up the machine with OpenCore but then I switched to Clover thinking OC might be the issue so I will attach both OC and Clover configuration. They are WIP as I am stuck on fixing this problem before jumping on other things.

Clover.zip

OC.zip