Cataline issue with a hard left turn......

Poirot

2 posts in this topic

I have a Vanilla Catalina issue….with a different twist.  Installation/upgrade went fine, just took a loooooooong time as I was working from a cloned Mojave external USB hard drive.  Boots just fine, and all my apps seem happy.  Here lies the twist....Sleep/wake.  It will sleep and stay asleep just fine.  The issue is with waking up:

Under Clover with FakeSMC, it would wake, but not accept my password. ??????  Ok, its clover....
Under Clover 0.5.5 with VitrualSMC, it would wake, but with no video signal/crash.  Again, its clover...
Under OpenCore 0.5.5 with VirtualSMC, it would wake, but with no video signal/crash, and no crash log.
Under OpenCore 0.5.5 with FakeSMC, it sleeps, it wakes,....and accepts my password!!!!   Only once.  The next time it went to sleep, it would wake, but not accept my password.  HUH??????

Kinda strange.  For the most part I have just stuck with Mojave.  I was waiting for the next build of OC, but I may just use OC builder myself and see if the latest solves any issue, as I see there have been quite a few updates to the project.  In the mean time…..suggestions?  I have attached an image of the efi.

Specs:

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme

Intel 9900K, stuck @ 4.9Ghz

Sapphire RX590 Nitro+

Corsair AX1200i

32GB Corsair Dominator Ram

Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL

Poirot

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 4.32.02 PM.png

Just a follow-up.  I updated to OC 0.5.6...same issue applies.  Sleeps and wakes, and accepts my password, the first time just fine.  Second time the display won't wake till I hit the power button.  After that the keyboard is non-responsive.