[Guide]HP Elitebook 8x70p&8x70W hackintosh with UEFI only

y010204025

12 posts in this topic

Disclaimer: All files of this article are from itpwd.com and rehabman ’s github.com

80077868_p0_master1200.jpg

Subject to the limitations of macos for graphics cards, Hackintosh has a lot of restrictions on NVIDIA graphics cards, and even removed support for NVIDIA graphics cards from macOS 10.14 and above, but Apple ’s AMD graphics graphics card support is perfect, Also for portable notebooks, the CPU and graphics card are soldered to the motherboard. In order to balance lightness and power consumption, these are often greatly restricted. It is difficult to drive graphics cards on Hackintosh, and the performance after driving is very weak , Resulting in the vast majority of people directly give up the graphics card to start a portable notebook.

Rehabman created a set of hotpatch patching ACPI methods based on the characteristics of the clover UEFI Bootloader to replace the method of directly modifying DSDT. He lived in hotpatch and developed HP's elitebook / probook / Zbook's Hackintosh SSDTs. However, due to the limitations of portable notebooks, it is not supported. Independent graphics card and 8570W, 8770W two models.
@Cwen and others found that after carrying out a lot of hardware tests, mobile graphics workstations such as elitebook8570w and 8770w have removable graphics cards that can be replaced. After this type of graphics cards can be replaced with AMD mobile graphics cards, you can use whatevergreen to create .kext, and make simple modifications based on rehabman's hotpatch, can normally drive the graphics card of a portable notebook.

After Testing:

• Graphics card: NVIDIA K1000M / K2000M / K2100M / K3000M / K3100M / K4000M / M1000M (ordinary TN1600x900 or 1920x1080), AMD W5170M / W7170M (DC2 or 4K), Intel HD4000 (ordinary TN1600x900 or 1920x1080) can be driven normally, but NVIDIA graphics card Brightness adjustment is disabled. AMD W5170m and w7170m are the best choices on 8570W and 8770W. The brightness can be adjusted normally and the graphics performance is very good. For WX7100m and WX4170m, the graphics card fans cannot be controlled, and other methods are required to control the fans.
  • CPU: 3rd generation Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 (Ivy Bridge architecture, including all dual-core and quad-core. Celeron and Pentium are not supported), frequency conversion is normal.
  • In general: If you have 8570W, 8770W, and hope you can get the best Hackintosh experience, it is recommended to replace the CPU with i7-3840QM / i7-3940XM, 8570W is recommended to choose W5170M, 8770W, and it is recommended to choose W7170M.

In addition: If you want to have a 4K experience or perfect HIDPI, W5170m / W7170M supports 4K output, you can choose a suitable 4K screen to replace, but because 4K screens are mostly edp interface, and 8570W / 8770W motherboard is lvds interface, This requires a custom screen cable, which seems to be a difficult choice, but you can choose to do it yourself or buy it separately. In China, taobao.com is almighty and may be more suitable for you than eBay.

EFI features:

out of the box, the relevant hardware can be driven after the OS is installed, and it is easy to use without code operation.

Supported models: HP EliteBook 8470p, 8570p, 8570w, 8770w (click the model for official specifications)

Wireless network card: Recommended: BCM94360cd (requires ipex4 to ipex1,3 antenna 1300mbps), BCM94352HMB / DW1550 (2 antennas, 867mbps)

Wireless characteristics: no white list, wireless network card with Bluetooth does not support the Bluetooth function of the wireless network card (also does not need to shield the pins), but the wireless normal use, you need the Bluetooth function to use this machine comes with Bluetooth:

Clover version: 5103, keyboard mapping has been added Command key = Alt key, Option key = Win key

Supported systems: macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103)-macOS Catalina 10.15.x,

Notes on known issues:

1. The touchpad and the left and right keys under the touchpad are normal, the pointing stick and the left and right keys above the touchpad are temporarily unavailable (recommended to use the second generation of Apple Magic Trackpad)

2. Indicator display problem (can be ignored, function is normal): Caps light is sometimes not switched in time, mute / wireless key may be yellow

3.AMD graphics card / Intel nuclear display has supported sleep and 15 levels of brightness adjustment, NVIDIA has no

4. If the AMD graphics card enters Huaping, refer to editing the Clover startup parameters, and add the Boot parameter radpg = 15 (the EFI file that has been configured with this parameter has been uploaded, refer to the following EFI-guided download link)

5. Using the above NVIDIA graphics card with a normal TN screen 1600x900 or 1920x1080 can not enter the installation interface, please check whether the VBiOS of the graphics card is exclusively for HP, thank you for your test face K1000M

6. Due to product design defects, the MSata positions of 8570w and 8770w cannot be used as boot disks, so EFI boot can only be placed on the main hard disk (turn the machine over and open the hard disk in the lower left corner of the cover, which is the main hard disk). Put on msata plate

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hardware requirements:

• Model: 8470p, 8570p, 8570W, 8770W 1 or more, it is recommended to use another notebook for emergency
  • Hard disk: It is recommended to choose an SSD hard disk of 240g or more. Samsung or Intel SATA hard disk is a good choice.
  • Wireless card: BCM94352HMB, DW1550, BCM94360CD, miniPCIe slot
  • U disk: 1 for 16g and above, another winPE emergency USB disk is recommended

If you use a rescue USB flash drive, it means that you read this post carefully

Make and install a USB flash drive:

• Get the mirror: please do it your way
  • Making and installing a USB flash drive: macOS command line production is recommended, whether it is a real macOS model or a virtual machine (although this is not allowed to be discussed in many forums)Or you can choose to use TransMac or ether under Windows. This is not recommended, but it is simple enough for those new to Hackintosh.
  • Make boot U disk: If you know how to put the boot into the installation U disk, unzip the EFI file and put it in the EFI partition, or you can choose a fat32 format U disk to store the EFI file separately

Note: EFI is an unzipped folder, not a zip or ISO suffix file.

BIOS settings From RehabMan

To start, set BIOS to defaults.

Then insure:

• UEFI boot is enabled (hybrid/with CSM for best result)
  • secure boot is disabled
  • disable fast boot
  • IGPU graphics memory set to 64mb, if available
  • disable the serial port via BIOS option, if available
  • disable "LAN/WLAN switching", if available
  • disable "Extended Idle Power States" if you find it under "Power Management Options"
  • disable "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on USB"
  • disable Firewire/IEEE 1394, if your laptop has it
  • for Skylake and KabyLake laptop, enable "Launch Hotkeys without Fn keypress"

Note: If you have a laptop with switchable graphics, leave it enabled. You can still use it on Windows, although the discrete card will be disabled when running OS X by the ACPI patches provided here. If you want to also disable it in Windows (via BIOS option), make sure you read about the DGPU option in your model specific SSDT (source is in SSDT-HACK.dsl), as in the scenario where the DGPU is disabled by BIOS, DGPU should be set to zero.

Install:

• Please modify according to the above BIOS settings:
  • Press F9 after booting, select the boot efi to file option, which is generally the last item. Enter your boot USB disk to find the location of cloverx64.efi, select cloverx64.efi, press Enter, and enter the clover boot interface.
  • Select the location of the install entry and press Enter.
  • Enter the macOS interface, use the disk tool to format the partition you need to install to hfs + or apfs format, do not choose the encryption option, this will make your efforts in vain.

Note: The disk must be in gpt format, and the remaining EFI space is greater than 200M, 300mb + is recommended. If it is not, please try to modify it in WindowsPE environment. This may cause you to lose the Windows system boot and disk data. Please prepare for backup.

• After formatting the partition successfully, close the disk tool and select install, you will find the partition you installed, and follow the interface prompts.
  • When the installation reaches a certain progress, it will restart. When restarting, select F9, enter from the boot U disk, select the disk partition where you installed macOS (no longer the U disk installation), the installation will continue, and it may restart 2 ~ 3 times Every time, you need F9 to select the boot. After entering the installation interface, except for the first installation, select the U disk, and then select the disk installation partition.
  • Eventually you will enter the settings interface. After following the interface prompts, you will enter the macOS system interface. Remember the system password and turn off the Find my mac option.

Post install:

• After the installation is complete, you need to hang the EFI partition of the disk, copy the EFI file of the U disk to the EFI partition of the disk, so that you can directly use the disk to boot, otherwise you need to select the U disk to boot each time. The mount tool can choose cloverconfigurator.
  • If after copying the EFI file to the disk, the computer cannot recognize your clover boot, you can use the custom boot option of bios: set the custom boot path to \efi\clover\cloverx64.efi, and set it as the first boot, Use bootice or easyUEFI to increase the clover boot option under Windows and set it as the first boot.
  • If you do not have a wireless network card available temporarily, you can use the USB binding function of your Android phone to share the network. This may require the HoRndis driver. It is not recommended to use a US wireless network card.
  • If you need Windows or Linux, you can install it normally. Be careful not to let Windows overwrite your boot files.

For other uses of macOS and brew, please pay attention to forums and other communities. Hackintosh is just the beginning.

Finally, I would like to thank rehabman, vit9696 and others who contributed to Hackintosh. I also thank Cwen for his efforts to modify files and hardware tests. I hope that Hackintosh will be eternal.

Please comply with the laws and regulations of your country or region. My description may not be clear or professional, but I think it is necessary. I think the existence of Hackintosh is everyone's technical hobby and experience macOS, not as a substitute for macOS cheap hardware.

80077868_p1_master1200.jpg

EFI_8x70_5103_W7170m_20200116 .zip

• 1 month later...

Thx for the post ! I got every thing working  with one bug..... There are 4 duplicate screens displaying the same image when this is loaded "SSDT-IGPUH.aml"

If I remove it, laptop screen looks normal. However no screen brightness or sleep when closing the lid.

I have an 8470p, nothing special added.

• 3 months later...
On 3/12/2020 at 8:48 PM, y010204025 said:

Model: 8470p, 8570p, 8570W, 8770W 1 or more, it is recommended to use another notebook for emergency

Hello.

I have problem with your EFI folder.

I have 8770W with ADM FirePro M4000 video card (HP EliteBook 8770w - i5 3360M, 2.80 Ghz, with board 176C, AMD FirePro M4000)

I put your folder EFI on my EFI disk and start load system (Mojave instal) with -v

And what i have - loading stops on 

"please switch to xpc or bootstrap_check_in() com.apple.bsd.dirhelper"

2323.thumb.jpg.35ef573cc4fe40fe41cb286802c6f20f.jpg

Can you help me please with this problem?

Big Thx.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020/8/21 at AM12点49分, Gen-Ohm said:

你好。

我的EFI文件夹有问题。

我的ADM FirePro M4000视频卡有8770W(HP EliteBook 8770w-i5 3360M,2.80 Ghz,带板176C,AMD FirePro M4000)

我将文件夹EFI放在我的EFI磁盘上,并使用-v启动加载系统(Mojave instal)

而我所拥有的-加载停止 

“请切换到xpc或bootstrap_check_in()com.apple.bsd.dirhelper”

2323.thumb.jpg.35ef573cc4fe40fe41cb286802c6f20f.jpg

您能帮我解决这个问题吗?

大Thx。

Hey, I think this is because the macOS system version is inconsistent with the version I used when I released it. I provide a clover that can be used normally in 10.15.6 for you to test it, but you need to make sure that the production of your USB installation disk is correct. Good luck.

EFI20200829.zip

On 4/30/2020 at 2:39 PM, TheArmLessWonder said:

Thx for the post ! I got every thing working  with one bug..... There are 4 duplicate screens displaying the same image when this is loaded "SSDT-IGPUH.aml"

If I remove it, laptop screen looks normal. However no screen brightness or sleep when closing the lid.

I have an 8470p, nothing special added.

Guess, your screen resolution is 1366*768, if it is a higher resolution, this problem should not occur.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 4:35 PM, dsynos80 said:

男人你能帮帮我吗?

我在10.15.5但10.15.6更新安装被堵塞上的错误代码206.

8570w

i7-3720QM

Quadro K2100m.

还在操作nativeCSM模式的详细日志是歪曲甚至启动时通常在10.15.5

卡塔利娜10.15.5ok.zip

尝试使用附件I中提供最后答复。 这可能是你的三叶草一直没有更新的最新版本。

On 8/29/2020 at 3:34 AM, y010204025 said:

Hey, I think this is because the macOS system version is inconsistent with the version I used when I released it. I provide a clover that can be used normally in 10.15.6 for you to test it, but you need to make sure that the production of your USB installation disk is correct. Good luck.

EFI20200829.zip

Guess, your screen resolution is 1366*768, if it is a higher resolution, this problem should not occur.

You mean this?

I tried already, it does not boot, also it does not have dsdt as i have.

Edited by dsynos80

• 3 months later...