USB 3.0 High Speed Hub - Not showing all devices

1 post in this topic

I purchased two of these Sipolar 10 port USB 3.0 hubs with the thought I'd be able to plug in 20 iPads to do software restores simultaneously, but I only can get 12 to be recognized at any one time. Both hubs function properly with 10 iPads plugged in to each at once, but as soon as I connect both hubs I get a max of 12 iPads recognized by the OS. We're using Apple Configurator 2 to restore iPads, and I have a separate older/slower 32 port USB 2.0 charge/sync hub that works fine with all devices plugged in.

Hub: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Sipolar-new-a-423-10-port_62315150518.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.40.5aa8663dB1drT6

I'm using a 2014 Mac Mini 7,1 running 10.15.3. I've tested the hubs with a few difference Macs and OS's and have had the same issue. From what I can tell these hubs use a RealTek USB chipset, but no drivers are offered by Realtek for them.

I attempted to daisy chain them (not ideal) and still have the same issue. Has anybody run in to a similar issue using identical USB hubs connected to individual ports on a Mac?