Serious Clover Issues - Really Need Help

3 posts in this topic

I built this hack years ago now. Started with Lion, now on El Cap. I want to update now to High Sierra.

I think I messed up my Clover when I downloaded the update .pkg and just installed it without taking my time or customizing the install. Was on Clover r3423, now I think I'm on r5104

I've been searching and reading this site and others for a few days before making this thread, but I need help compiling what I've learned to get my system running correctly again and ready to update to High Sierra. Then, eventually, I want to update my graphics card, switch to UEFI (if necessary) and update to Mojave.

I couldn't get system to boot. Could get to Clover and all the options, except the Shell... I hit enter on the Shell and I get black screen and nothing.

The only way I got it to boot was to add -v to boot args, and change smbios from 14,2 to 13,2. Not sure why that worked still. Also I'm running two monitors, but I can only now run one of them off the Intel 3000 Graphics and the second one off my GFX Card.

So now I'm afraid to shut down or reboot.... I could really use some help with Clover.

I'm pretty sure my config file in Clover is not right. Also, some of the files in my Clover backups are not in the new Clover install. (2.5k 5104)

If someone could please take a look at the files I've attached and help me sort this out, I would be grateful. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I've attached
- The last boot log
- The current Clover folder from the EFI partition after performing Clover update. (.zip)
- The Clover backup that was working before Clover update (.zip)
- Library/Extensions Folder (screen shot)
- System/Library/Extensions Folder (.zip)

Here is my current hardware:

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K

GPU: GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600?C9B

HD0 (for OS and Apps): OCZ Technology 120 GB Vertex Series SATA II Solid State Drive

HD1 (file storage, Adobe scratch disk): Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA

BURNER: LG CD/DVD Burner Model GH22NS50

CPU COOLER: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 All in One High-performanc?e CPU Cooler CWCH50-1

P/S: Antec CP-850 850 Watt CPX Power Supply Unit

CASE: Antec Performance One P183 V3 Case

CLOVER.zip

CloverBackup.zip

bootlog.txt

L_E.png

S_L_E.zip

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, styrian said:

Hello!

Bumping by double posting?

Have fun.

Sorry if I broke the rules... I just joined this board and will be happy to contribute to other posts. Don't want to make a bad impression right off the bat.

I thought I should maybe put my post into a forum that gets a little more attention since El Capitan is pretty out of date. I'm trying to get on a path to update just up to Mojave, so thank you for leaving my post in this forum... I understand why you deleted the other one. I should have done it myself.

Anyhow, I'm just looking for some help with my current issue. This workstation is my primary, so I'm probably a little over zealous when something goes wrong. I really do appreciate any help I can get.