'correct' UEFI drivers for 10.15.x & Clover 510x - please add your input?

exquirentibus

5 posts in this topic

I've made a partial list of all the possible UEFI drivers that could be used with Clover.

I would guess only a very small number are actually needed or desirable.

For my fully functioning 10.14.6 I only have ApfsDriverLoader.efi, OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi, VBoxHfs.efi, FSInject.efi installed in drivers\UEFI.

The 'correct' UEFI drivers may be different for 10.15.x - and that's what I'd like to figure out?

It would be great if this list were edited with some annotations, so that other Hackintoshers can easily figure out what each driver is for and which ones are necessary or preferred?   

Many users have incompatible drivers and don't realize it.

So, Please add your comments and maybe we can come up with a list that sheds some light on the dark art of selecting UEFI drivers?

I'm hoping that those who know a lot more than I do will chime in - as I"m a bit clueless myself.

AppleUITheme.efi     
ApfsDriverLoader.efi 
AppleImageCodec.efi  
AppleKeyAggregator.efi
AppleKeyFeeder.efi   
AptioInputFix.efi    
AptioMemoryFix.efi    may supersede OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi ?
AudioDxe.efi         
CsmVideoDxe.efi      
DataHubDxe.efi   (not needed, now included in WhateverGreed)    
EmuVariableUefi.efi  
EnglishDxe.efi       
Fat.efi              
FirmwareVolume.efi   
FSInject.efi         
HashServiceFix.efi   
NvmExpressDxe.efi    
OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi   probably superseded by AptioMemoryFix.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv.efi    probably superseded by AptioMemoryFix.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi  
OsxLowMemFixDrv.efi  
PartitionDxe.efi     
Ps2MouseDxe.efi      
SMCHelper.efi  (not needed, now included in WhateverGreed)       
UsbKbDxe.efi         
UsbMouseDxe.efi   (not needed, now included in WhateverGreed)   
VBoxExt2.efi         
VBoxExt4.efi         
VBoxHfs.efi          
VBoxIso9600.efi  

Thanks!

Excellent!!  I've recently been seeing OcQuirks mentioned favorably - and had been watching their GitHub repository for new releases, which seem to come quite often:  ReddestDream / OcQuirks

This sounds like 'problem solved'!!!

While I'm asking, is the CloverHackyColor / CloverBootloader  v2.5k-5104 the correct version of Clover to use (until Open Core replaces it)?

I've been watching a thread where they are converting CloverBootloader to C++, possibly for an upcoming release.  Not sure if I should wait for that, or if the 5104 release is stable?

@MaLd0n@AudioGod -

I tried OcQuirks Rev 17 and have it working well with 10.14.6+ and am attempting to directly upgrade to 10.15.3.

I'm using 5104 CloverHacky and a 10.14.6+ bootable Crucial SATA SSD. 

A Samsung 960 Pro NVMe is also visible (no way to disable with GA=Z270XP-SLI).

Kexts in /L/E

very latest WEG,Lilu, AppleALC, FakeSMC installed into /L/E.  USBInjectAll, XHCI-unsupported, IntelMausi are also installed in /L/E.

Kexts in Clover Kext Other (InjectKexts=Detect)

WEG, Lilu, FakeSMC

UEFI drivers

from OcQuirks Rev 17:
    FwRuntimeServices.efi
    OcQuirks.efi
    OcQuirks.plist

from 5104 CloverHacky
    UEFI\FileSystem\ApfsDriverLoader.efi

ACPI/patched

custom SSDT-USB.aml created when getting 10.12.x running.

What happens during upgrade to 10.15.3

After 11 minutes, it restarted.  I selected the 'Install' choice

After 3 minutes, it restarted, chose 'Install' choice

After 1.5 minutes got white Apple dialog saying it was installing on the SSD

When it finally restarted (and no longer showed the 'Install' choice), I then got the appleNVMe Assert failed when using -v

appleNVMe Assert failed: (0 != DATA) panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff8811a652fa): Kernel trap at 0xffffff7f93ff23d0, type 14=page fault even though I'm not booting from the NVMe drive.

I know the exact same hardware I'm using works with 10.15.x as another user I'd worked with previously has 10.15.x working fine (but I can't reach him for his EFI).

As I believe the EFI folder is setup correctly with kexts and drivers, and 10.14.6+ has no issues booting from the same EFI, possibly my config.plist has something that 10.15.x doesn't like (as I tried a month ago to upgrade the NVMe directly with 10.15.2 and also tried formatting the NVMe and installing from scratch).

The 3 images include all of the -v output.

The 2nd image shows the appleNVMe Assert failed and I'm including my entire EFI.

I've been searching around for hours, but ... haven't come up with a solution. I'm thinking something in the config.plist is not compatible with 10.15.3?   Any idea what Obvious thing I'm missing?   Thanks!!

EFI 10.15.3 upgrade failed.zip

Crash_1.png

Crash_2.png

Crash_3.png