Very depressing crash while attemptiing install

drbeckerwood

4 posts in this topic

After years of doing things the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] way, I decided jump ship and attempt a vanilla install while upgrading my machine with the parts in my signature.  I followed the Vanilla guide along with Pacpera's guide on reddit.  However, I seem to have screwed up terribly in some way.  I can't post my efi folder from the usb install drive because the only Mac I have won't boot and my wife's PC doesn't recognize it.  I'm hoping that you might recognize my trouble based on this picture and suggest a way I can complete the install using the Clover Boot manager in some clever way.

It says, "AppleBusPowerController: AppleBusPowerController::requestStaticServicePowerLocked: power supply unavailable, assuming successful power for" a few dozen times and then throws out the Ghostbusters symbol and dies.

IMG_20200109_195126.jpg

UPDATE: I tried using a different usb port, and have gotten further.  I got the “application is damaged, can’t be used to install macOS” error, but a little googling, used the terminal to change the date, and I'm currently installing.

The installation bar ran across in about 10 minutes, followed by a reboot.  Now it's been frozen for about 45 minutes at "unused13723 XHC@14000000: AppleUSBXHCI::interruptOccurred: clearing change bits o"

Edited by drbeckerwood