MacOS boot entry lost since system crash

PlutoDelic

1 post in this topic

Hi People,

I have suddenly lost the boot entries in clover. This is a nearly identical build built on the guide from KGP's x299 High Sierra

My system just crashed, i rebooted, and it wouldnt boot further at all on the first two or three tries (not even single user mode), then the boot entries disappeared completely. The system has been working for nearly two years.

As i independently dual boot a Windows 10, i tried some APFS readers for Windows, and they are reporting the "disk structure corrupted or unreadable".

Weirdly, the UEFI/BIOS is booting Clover without an issue on the same drive (NVMe SSD) as the MacOS (and Recovery) itself, it obviously sees the Windows on the other Disk too, everything except the neighbour partition where MacOS is.

From my point of view, my only option right now would be to grab a NVMe/M.2 Enclosure to get the SSD on it, and grab a new SSD for the new system (may be the time came to grab an AMD card for Mojave too), but do i have any options right now to save the system? I have never faced this issue before.

I even tried grabbing the latest EFI package from KGP's github and copied it from USB EFI to SSD EFI through the Terminal on the Installer, but to no avail. Clover does not look to be the issue, but the APFS partitions.