9 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I recently purchased parts to build a new desktop Hackintosh:

• Gigabyte H370 HD3
  • i3-8100
  • G Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB
  • TP-Link Archer T9E AC1900
  • 1x1TB SanDisk SSD (boot drive)
  • 1x6TB Seagate internal (intention for storage on one 5tb partition, TimeMachine of OS drive on another)

After some trouble, and lots of support from Maldon, I managed to get it up and running for about a week with 0 trouble. I followed the Olarila.com guides and some direct advice from Maldon to get my UHD 630 working.

One day I went to boot it up and I started to get the common unallocated memory (!?) problem. The suggested solution of the slide=0 boot flag does not work.

I then decided to try on a separate hard drive the Olarila Catalina installation - Post-installation everything except audio worked (graphics out of the box seemingly on Mojave+) but I couldn't get it to boot after the installer.

Something I'd considered that may have broken my build was copying files from my wife's old Hackintosh laptop from the root of the non-EFI partition - I thought it would be safe to do so as both were Clover setups, and I was under the impression that kexts etc in Clover all sat on the dedicated Clover partition.

---

I'm looking for the shortest path to carefree Hackintosh-land really. I'm happy to try different versions of the OS, and have considered switching my Mobo from a H370 HD3 to one of the more ubiquitous ones. I've also considered an external graphics card if it would help.

With High Sierra or Catalina?

I'll try on my High Sierra one now.

I presume the order is:

1. Take out my SSD I want to boot from and mount it's EFI using Clover Configurator on my laptop

2. Delete the EFI folder on it

3. Paste the EFI you've provided

4. Place the SSD back in my Desktop and boot

5. If it boots, apply the Hackintool patch to fix my Video issues

Is that correct? Sorry for the handholding request.

I don't know how to fix your boot problem but I am running Catalina on the same motherboard with information from this guide:

Some people have issues running just internal graphics. I have internal graphics enabled but am using a Powercolor RX570 4GB. I boot from a M.2 MNVe SSD.

I'm not sure if carefree hackintosh land really exists.

Edited by Mac Hosehead

I don't believe the error is graphics related. I previously have only seen similar messages trying to boot UEFI on older motherboards, not something that would change in time.

Are you using latest Clover? Are your motherboard settings the same as from guide? Is config.plist settings the same as from guide?

• 3 weeks later...

@Mac Hosehead thanks for the guidance.

I bought a Powercolor RX 570 and I'm tempted to switch out an M2 I have in another machine.

I'll try and follow the guide above - I don't see anything specific about getting the RX 570 working though - Should it work OOTB or do I need to do anything fancy?