ACPI patches for Sleep

nmano

12 posts in this topic

DSDT patches for Sleep

I made this patches for All latest motherboard.

Just Add 9 ACPI patches Clover or Open Core.

config-Clover.plist

config-OC.plist

Enjoy.:yes:

Thanks for your Likes.

Edited by nmano
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/8/2019 at 8:25 PM, nmano said:

DSDT patches for Sleep

config-Clover.plist

config-OC.plist

Thanks for your Likes.

Thank you so much! Spent about a week trying to make sleep working on z390i aorus wit no success. Your patch (among with this patch) greatly helped! Sleep works like a charm now. Could you please show what exactly did you patched, for those who (like me) ain't familiar with ACPI bytecodes? I'd like to implement your patch via SSDT. Thank you once again!

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 8:25 PM, nmano said:

DSDT patches for Sleep

config-Clover.plist

config-OC.plist

Thanks for your Likes.

Please share what exactly did you replaced. For example I see patch 0 replaces GPRW in _PRW but can't understand what exactly. Is it

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
	GPRW(0x6d, 0x04)

replaced with 

{
	GPRW(0x00, 0x00)

?

Is there any tables of acpi commands and corresponding bytecodes/instructions? Thank you!

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 4:38 AM, viktr said:

Please share what exactly did you replaced. For example I see patch 0 replaces GPRW in _PRW but can't understand what exactly. Is it

{
	GPRW(0x6d, 0x04)

replaced with 

{
	GPRW(0x00, 0x00)

?

Is there any tables of acpi commands and corresponding bytecodes/instructions? Thank you!

Test my patch for any system if not work sleep post your original DSDT and system detail.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried these patches on my ASRock AMD X570 build with Sapphire RX 570 card (Catalina 10.15.3, OpenCore 0.5.5)

It certainly works...somewhat. Previously, when I tried About Mac / Sleep, display would shut off, but after about 10-15s GPU fans (which were 0 RPMs) would start spinning and entire Mac hangs. Neither goes fully to sleep nor it was possible to wake it up.

With these patches added, none of that happens, display goes off and tapping the mouse wakes the system back up. But I'm not sure it entirely goes to sleep as my CPU and chassis fans keep spinning. And wake from sleep is very fast, like it just turned on the display and that's that.

Now I'm not sure how to check this further, is it some BIOS settings maybe (I have Deep sleep Disabled there) or is maybe some of the wireless stuff. I have Bluetooth keyboard and Logitech mouse with its USB receiver. Or simply a fact that with AMD CPU power management is more or less off.

But in general, this is certainly an improvement. I would really love to know what exactly these patches do. It's obviously great work, just wish to learn what.

Edited by AleksandarVacic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Encountered a well-known (to anyone except me till now) problem: usb flash drives disconnected after wake from sleep. Changed BIOS XMP profile disabling it, and the problem has gone, flash drives are still mounted on wake. Tried to change bios settings, like erp, platform power management etc - the same disconnect. With XMP on - flash drive disconnected on wake. With XMP off - all works fine.

My questions are:

1) How is it related to each other? Why xmp causes usb to disconnect (probably losing power on sleep or something)?

2) How to fix it making xmp and wake work together without usb drives ejecting/disconnecting?

GA z390i, 2x16 2400/3333/3000

Thank you

Edited by viktr

• 3 months later...

Thanks.  Fixed my Shutdown problem but still won’t wake up from deep sleep when I put it to sleep.  Have to let it go to sleep on its own.  Any suggestions?

Config:

Gigabyte H370 HD3

Intel i5-9400

32gb RAM

2 x 256gb NVMe M.2 drives

2tb 7200rpm hard drive

Currently running Mojave 10.14.6

Edited by recoveredmachead2020
add specs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...