3rd Party USB3.0 in Mojave / Now all work as USB2.0

Ragimund (HP Z820)

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My current and my First Hackintosh Mojave (HP Z820) has 3rd party Usb Controller : "Texas Instruments xHCI Host Controller".

I have in...

Front panel : 1 x USB2.0 + 2 x USB3.0

Back Panel : 4 x USB2.0 + 2 x USB3.0

They all work but as "USB2.0 mode" ie Slow.

I have plenty of external USB3.0 Hard drives full of video material from my shootings on my trips.

Idea was to use Hackintosh for editing (Final Cut Pro X) but this transfer is really slooow :cry:

I have read that it's possible to get NON-Intel USB3.0 to work, plenty of articles here, but this is my First Hackintosh and I'm a Noob:blush:

In my Clover /kext/other is no UsbInjectAll.kext (didn't help), but I downloaded Rehabs GenericUSBXCHI.kext (RehabMan-Generic-USB-2015-1215) there.

I also managed to download IORegistryExplorer app.

-The Hackintool shows only USB2.0 (screenshot attached) - no usb3.0.

-The IOReq shows USB3.0 (I think) - but how to verify that USB3.0 ports are really USB3.0 and "high speed". (IOReq file attached)

If this needs some "patching" or something it's out of my Noob league :unsure:

I have now build this Desktop about week, reading plenty of thing that I don't fully understand and trying to "copy & learn" from Masters...

Can anyone help ?

USB_Screenshot.jpg

MacPro_IOReq.zip

Hi,

Thanks.

I already have that as described in question.

And it's in my boot Mojave SSD,   /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/

And I don't have to "patch" or configure anything in Clover or anywhere else ? Or do I ?? (-> Noob!)

Can't see them in Hacktool... But it either work or doesn't work, 50/50 chance ?

How can I verify that they work as USB3.0 as they already work (in USB2.0 mode).

From big file transfer speed or from what ??

On 11/17/2019 at 10:11 PM, Ragimund (HP Z820) said:

Hi,

Thanks.

I already have that as described in question.

And it's in my boot Mojave SSD,   /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/

And I don't have to "patch" or configure anything in Clover or anywhere else ? Or do I ?? (-> Noob!)

Can't see them in Hacktool... But it either work or doesn't work, 50/50 chance ?

How can I verify that they work as USB3.0 as they already work (in USB2.0 mode).

From big file transfer speed or from what ??

Buy USB stick supporting USB3.0. Insert and look into System Profiler. It should tell if there is USB 2.0 or 3.0.

Copy files to this stick 6Mb/s or 60Mb/s is the difference.