A perfect Catalina is possible on X58 motherboard?

Icaro82

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm not new to Hackintosh. My first was 10 years ago, a Fujitsu laptop, and after the computer I have today and that I've been updating yet. The problem is that I've never been an expert and today there is less and less info about old boards in new systems. That is why I ask you for advice to continue keeping my pc for a few years.

My specs:

• CPU: Intel Xeon X5675
  • Plate: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R v1.6
  • Ram: 16GB
  • Graphics: Sapphire Nitro + Radeon RX 590 8GB
  • SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
  • Wifi: Usb TP-LINK TL-WN823 v2
  • Bluetooth: Usb Iogear GBU521W6

I installed Catalina and is stable. The basics work but I would like to improve it by solving the following faults (in order of priority):

1. My SSD is not indexed and I can't change it. Spotlight and Time Machine don't work. It may be related, but the SSD has a Folder icon instead of a SSD icon. I've searched but can't find a solution.
  2. The graphics card only have the Displayports working. I know there are threads that say how to solve it but in my case none has worked.
  3. Sleep not working. It does not turn on if I press the keyboard or mouse and if I use the power button the screen keep black. Again, I have read threads about this but I didn't find the solution.
  4. Continuity/Handoff not working. I don't know where to start, I don't even know if my usb wifi and usb bluetooth is compatible for this. I need it because I think it's important for the next point.
  5. Sidecar. I have an iPad Pro and I need this working. I tried on wifi + bluetooth and nothing, not find the device. A better option would be a Usb-C cable but my motherboard doesn't have it. One thing, I read it's important H264 and HEVC decoding ok. I tested and both are ok.

I add the folders I have in the EFI partition, the config.plist and the list of kexts I use.

Thank you very much, any advice I would greatly appreciate it!

CLOVER X58.zip

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

hey friend.

I have the same motherboard as you, please help me.

My specs:
     CPU: i7 920
     Plate: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R v1.6
     Ram: 8GB
     Graphics: nVidia GTX 570
     SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
     Wifi: TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter 802.11N (N900)
     Bluetooth: GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

Osx 10.10 works perfectly and I've been using it for several years. But Catalina 10.15.4. it could never work. I start the installation from USB memory, the Cameleon works fine, the osX installation starts and when the installation is complete the gray screen appears and the computer is reset. After that I have to repeat everything but the same problem arises ....

Please write me how you managed to install osX Catalina step by step. What drivers and settings did you use in Cameleon.

Please, help me...

• 2 months later...
On 4/25/2020 at 2:26 PM, Al3nko said:

Graphics: nVidia GTX 570

The issue may be your video card.  Catalina "requires" an AMD card.  I have read about the kext called Whatevergreen that is supposed to do magic for video support, I do not know if it is able to make your GTX 570 work with Catalina though.

I am struggling to get this to work for me as well.  I have bought an AMD card to (a RX580) to replace my nVidia card.  I can't get the installer to work as part way through the boot my screen goes black.  When I searched the web on that it seems to be a common problem but Whatevergreen is supposed to be the savior.  I am using DVI and am hoping that the boot process is just switching to a different video port.  I am going to buy a Displayport to DVI adapter and see if that helps.  

Good luck.