Error "still waiting root device" can be solved by DSDT patching?

sandokan71

13 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install MacOS Mojave to my new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad S145 with i3-8th gen).

Using Clover r5070, I've prepared an USB install drive, it boots... but then it stucks on apple logo.  Verbose log shows "Still waiting for the root device".

I have tried a number of different clover boot options, and kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, including USBInjectAll.   Tried different USB ports too.

Also, I'm currently using a DSDT built for another Lenovo model (320S).  Without using that DSDT my laptop is not even able to reach the "Still waiting for the root device", as it stucks much earlier.  That's why I'm asking if a proper DSDT can help to completely boot the installer or not?

Anyone can help me to build a new DSDT for my laptop? I can upload origin asl files taken from Clover F4 option key.

3 hours ago, sandokan71 said:

I'm trying to install MacOS Mojave to my new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad S145 with i3-8th gen).

Using Clover r5070, I've prepared an USB install drive, it boots... but then it stucks on apple logo.  Verbose log shows "Still waiting for the root device".

I have tried a number of different clover boot options, and kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, including USBInjectAll.   Tried different USB ports too.

Also, I'm currently using a DSDT built for another Lenovo model (320S).  Without using that DSDT my laptop is not even able to reach the "Still waiting for the root device", as it stucks much earlier.  That's why I'm asking if a proper DSDT can help to completely boot the installer or not?

Anyone can help me to build a new DSDT for my laptop? I can upload origin asl files taken from Clover F4 option key.

the problem is device ec, i have one lenovo s145(i5 8th), is one perfect hackintosh with full dsdt patched

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

the problem is device ec, i have one lenovo s145(i5 8th), is one perfect hackintosh with full dsdt patched

I'm not expert with DSDT patching, can you please tell me which are the patches that I need to apply when compiling a new DSDT?

EDIT: And what about Touchpad and HDMI? Are they working too?

Edited by sandokan71

On 10/21/2019 at 2:18 PM, sandokan71 said:

I'm not expert with DSDT patching, can you please tell me which are the patches that I need to apply when compiling a new DSDT?

EDIT: And what about Touchpad and HDMI? Are they working too?

all is working

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

u need a full dsdt patched

What should be patched, if the same unchanged DSDT works fine for Mohave or High Sierra?

And why the heck is my system booting fine after a hard reset?

Will be very thankful for a hint ...

Edited by elkos

4 hours ago, elkos said:

What should be patched, if the same unchanged DSDT works fine for Mohave or High Sierra?

work fine? just check ur log and u see

in new systems we need extra procedure ;) 

On 10/25/2019 at 8:54 PM, elkos said:

I think this thread can be closed as SOLVED as I got the answer to my question, at least for my specific Laptop.  In order to boot, I just had to enable "KernelPm" checkbox in Clover configurator. Also, I enabled "Kernel LAPIC" and "Apple RTC" but I don't think they're required to avoid "waiting for root device...". So, to answer my initial question here: DSDT pathing is not needed for that, but you need to patch DSDT to enable other features, post-installation (and post-boot).