Can't boot Mojave installer

Cesco92

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm trying to use OpenCore on a fresh Mojave install, but I cannot find a way to boot the installer. I suppose there is something wrong with AHCI but I have no clue on how to fix it. I'm uploading my EFI folder and a screen of the verbose boot before it hangs, in case anyone would like to help me. Thanks a lot to everyone in advance.

EFI.zip

verbose-boot.jpg

Edited by Cesco92

AptioMemoryFix cannot be used with openCore, most of its functionality have been absorbed with FwRuntimeServices being an extension to it. Use it instead. Also the rest of your files are heavily outdated, this actually doesn't even support FwRuntimeServices yet. Download a newer copy and compare the sample plist to yours to see what's changed.

Also Lilu should always be first, then all its plugins after so VirtualSMC should be below it

It's just difficult to know where the issue is without being up to date first

Edited by dracoflar

Thanks for the help, I've tried spending more time with OpenCore updating everything and rewriting my config.plist but I couldn't make it work. Probably is better if I stick with Clover for now and wait for OpenCore to become more widely adopted and noob friendly. But again, thanks.

I restarted from the beginning, I read the documentation and tried again with latest OpenCore, however it is giving my two errors:

OCS: Failed to parse data field of type 2
OCABC: Found legacy AptioMemoryFix driver!

I'm using the FwRuntimeServices.efi bundled in the latest package (v0.5.1). Anybody knows how to help me? Thanks a lot.

EFI.zip

Edited by Cesco92

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...