Mojave Triple Boot on a Sandy Bridge CPU?

ScoobDoob69

3 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone so I am currently dual-booting Windows 10 and Linux Mint. I would like to add Mojave and triple boot (without formatting/losing all data from windows and linux).

My Current Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 (not k) Sandy Bridge

GPU: Aorus Radeon RX570 4GB

Motherboard: Intel SWQ6710H

HDD: 4TB Western Digital Blue WD40EZRZ

Ram: 20GB DDR3 Total (2x 8GB + 2x 2GB)

1. Is it possible to install Mojave on my HDD without wiping Windows 10 or Linux Mint?

2. What guide is most ideal for my situation? 

If you need any additional information or details, I am more than happy to provide that. I tried multiple guides months ago and could not get the installation to work. 

Guest ricoc90

Well, that depends on your current partition scheme. macOS needs to be installed on GPT.
There's a MBR patch available in the download section but I personally don't have experience with it.

In theory it should be possible nevertheless, but I'd prefer a separate harddrive because things can get quite messy pretty easily.

Yeah, I think I might have to get a separate drive. I moved Windows 10 on GPT and Linux Mint is on a MBR drive. I'm thinking a third drive may be the way to do it. It seems to conflict with Windows 10 even when I have over 170GB of unallocated space available for Mojave.

Thank you.