Dualboot clover breaks audio driver on windows

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys, finally, i've installed osx and Windows in dual boot on my Huawei Matebook 13.
I use same SSD nvme with 2 partition. The procedure i've used is, first installed osx, than windows and changed name of boot file in efi partition to make boots clover instead of window bootloader.

All works fine, exept for the fact that if i install audio driver, then boot in osx, and re boot in windows, audio wont works anymore(no audio device in status bar) and i have a "x" on the audio icon. The only way to fix is to reinstall audio driver and do some reboots, but when i boot osx and then reboot windows, audio breaks again :banghead:

On 10/10/2019 at 10:31 AM, Hervé said:

That systematically happened on my Dell Latitude E6440 (Haswell platform with Realtek ALC292 audio). No known fix; just had to live with cold boot in OS X/macOs only... Never needed to re-install the audio kext though.

I had this problem only for the windows driver, all good on osx. I've solved by installing a linux distro and using grub with modification.
For who want to try, have to install linux beside windows.
Install linux distro and then install from linux, grub customizer, from there add a boot entry with this code

if [ "${grub_platform}" == "efi" ]; then
		search --file --no-floppy --set=root /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi
		chainloader /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi
	else
		search --file --no-floppy --set=root /usr/standalone/i386/boot0ss
		chainloader /usr/standalone/i386/boot0ss
	fi