Catalina & Universal Audio 9101 Drivers

erikm

2 posts in this topic

Hi -

Since the U-Audio forum is less than helpful (with the company taking a Digidesign approach to not attempting to update their drivers until months after the official release) I was wondering if someone here could help:

I have a 2018 MacBook Pro running Catalina b8 and a UAD Arrow.  I updated my OS last week, and today plugged in my UAD.  I was getting an error where the console wouldn't launch, so I updated to UAD 9101.  My device was recognized, because the software notified me that I needed a firmware update, which I proceeded to do.  I could not get the console to launch, however, so I attempted an uninstall and reinstall of the software.

After multiple attempts and attempting to delete all plist and cache files, I continued to get the message "driver not installed correctly".  Even though System Preferences > Security didn't appear to have anything to "Allow", I started wondering if there was a .kext file which needs to be manually enabled.

I was just curious if anyone here knew what that file might be and where it might be located - or if there's someplace else I should be looking to try and get the system to properly see the device?

Thanks!

Edited by erikm
grammar

I mean everybody in Pro audio community knows that that it is not advisable to jump on betas before developers make new versions of the software. The wait for Catalina support might be longer than usual as it's 64 bit only os, even giants like Native Instruments are not yet ready for it. Reinstall Mojave and wait for the ofiicial drivers update only then install new OS. Most of the low level audio drivers are 32 bit and will not work in Catalina.