ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR EDITION (GL503VS ) help needed

teeching

2 posts in this topic

well i recently own an Asus Rog Strix Scar Edition (GL503VS) which is perfect for my gaming and other windows environment needs. Since this laptop has only dedicated GPU , i wanted to install high sierra or mojave to see the performance and a fast working OsX on my PC. So i started working on it.

Here are the specs :

Processor : Kaby Lake-H Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

MB : GL503VS Intel HM175 (Skylake PCH-H)

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (GP104M) [ASUS] 8 GB

NvmE : SAMSUNG MZVLB1T0HBLR-00000 1TB

SSD : Micron_5100_MTFDDAK3T8TBY 4TB

RAM : 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM

Since i wasnt dealing with many things for a long time , and there was ready made environment for my old laptop i forgot fixing many things.

So the story is - i tried finding same laptop users - just a few entries on the internet not very explanatory though. Close models possibly have big differences , i couldnt make them work.

I can boot into osX but at first there is a black loading screen most of the times - knowing it already loaded login screen i type my pass and login but still Black screen with loading bar

i press f10 f11 to switch the windows - see the desktop and i log off from finder and it takes me back to login screen again . i login and a half blurred login with apple logo and background blurred semi transparent - i do the same but now from finder i do force kill launcher - i relaunches and now i can use the desktop.

No sound

My usb wifi turns off after few seconds - works sometimes

disk operations are probably problematic - when i try to install system stalls - for example clover it waits and waits - copy paste like things do not show immediately takes a huge time to finish and reloading sometimes.

Gpu doesnt load properly - shows 256mb sometimes but dooesnt even work properly when it shows 8196 mb

FN keys are not working - touchpad and keyboard and bluetooth works

the kexts i am using most of time are

Lilu

whatevergreen

USBInjectAll.kext

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext

FakeSMC.kext

ACPIBatteryManager.kext

for the drivers i add up

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

So please please comment and help me to reach some point if you have time.

I can post videos or screens if needed.

Thanks

Osman ERKUL

• 3 weeks later...