Should I go for an iMac Core Duo or Core 2 Duo?

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

1st post here :sorcerer:

I live in Brazil, so Macs are expensive as hell here. That's why I've had an iMac G3 400Mhz for the past 6 years.

Now, I have a choice: either go for an iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz with the ATI X1600 Card w/128 memory or the Core 2 Duo with the (not good AFAIK) Intel 950 integrated Graphics chip. Not to mention that the 1st is 500 dollars cheaper.

So what would you do in my place?

Thanks a lot!

Kiosh of the Meio Bit?

I believe than if you buy it here (Brazil), Core Duo would be better, because we know as the mac apple's are expensive at our country and i belive than Core2 Duo would be many more expensive.

Ps.: Excuse me Brazilian translator by my english, i'm graduated at english by the life school and i'm not good yet. :D

Yep, Julio, Kioshi, ex-meiobit. I was kicked outta that site because I got mad about the site's owner getting all the money for himself from Google adsense, and even so he demanded us to post daily for free. For you guys from USA, Meiobit is the Brazilian version of Engadget, though with less posts and becoming less and less popular (they deserve it :P