Dead in the water?

Squidderlee

6 posts in this topic

I'm using clover which I used to install Mojave succesfully and have updated Lilu, FakeSMC, WhateverGreen etc,,,

No matter what I try - and I have tried a whole lot.... I keep getting this more than anything...

Can anyone please help here with a solution or troubleshoot as I simply cannot figure this out, I have tried various post clover EFI folder solutions and config files too but nothing works here at all,,,
even in bios I've tried multimonitor set up etc,,,

Thanks in advice (ance)! 

The message harps on about APFS filesystem so I cheched and recheckef teh UEFI Drivers folder and even installed the drivers when absent... on reboot - no difference at all!IMG_0499.thumb.JPG.5494d9c1017afe4268fa23ddccc8a794.JPG

18 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Sorry but... what's the issue at hand here because it's everything but clear?

Are you not able to boot the Catalina Beta installer? If so, use the latest Clover and, depending on the Beta version you're trying to install, make sure you've added the the ECDV to EC ACPI patch to your Clover config if it's applicable. Check what you have in DSDT would be desirable beforehand. I strongly suggest you consult the Catalina Beta thread to learn about Catalina Beta.

Good point but I assumed given the screenshot it would be perfectly clear...

I cannot install Catalina DP anything....
I am using an updated succesfull install EFI image I used to succedfully install Mojave
I am met with this screen early in verbose mode,,,, and the last line whjere the install fails no matter what I do in bios or in clover!

- Objective: To be able to successfully install Catalina DP anything!
 (PS its on the Rog Strix Build / ATI RX 580)

Thanks

Guest ricoc90

Like Hervé said, you need to rename your EC device's name or add it if it's not present.

Check your DSDT and search for PNP0C09.

Then in Clover add the patch accordingly (credits to MaLd0n):

change EC0 to EC
4543305f 
45435f5f 

change H_EC to EC
485f4543 
45435f5f 

change ECDV to EC
45435f5f

Edited by ricoc90

3 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

Like Hervé said, you need to rename your EC device's name or add it if it's not present.

Check your DSDT and search for PNP0C09.

Then in Clover add the patch accordingly (credits to MaLd0n):

change EC0 to EC
4543305f 
45435f5f 

change H_EC to EC
485f4543 
45435f5f 

change ECDV to EC
45435f5f

Thanks guys,,,,, Ican definitely go with this info as given... I'll come back and let you all know .... 

Just wondering will this joder booting a parallell OS like High Sierra if booting from the same EFI? Could be an issue????,,,