Chief117

4 posts in this topic

Hello folks :)

I am having issue with my vanilla Mojave 10.14.6 (18G87) freshly installed with freshly made config.

The issues are: some of the animations are stuttering like opening Launchpad, making selection on desktop the rectangle stutters, moving windows etc. is delayed a bit or stuttering, pictures on web like Unsplash are loading very slowly (my internet speed is okay). Very rarely I have my iGPU working smoothly and that happens just for like 10-15 seconds.

My configuration:

• Motherboard: MSI B360M Bazooka (MS-7B24)
  • CPU: i5-8400
  • iGPU: UHD 630
  • Display: 1080p, right now I use 1600x900
  • RAM: 2x8GB 2666Mhz
  • SMBios: iMac18,1
  • SSD: Crucial MX500
  • Some wifi and bt

Drivers I have installed on my Clover (5037 or newer):

• ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • AptioMemoryFix.efi
  • EmuVariableUefi.efi (needed on my board for NvRam)
  • HFSPlus.efi

Kexts I have installed (I updated them recently to latest):

• AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • RealtekRTL8111.kext
  • SMCProcessor.kext
  • SMCSuperIO.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext

My confighttps://pastebin.com/AWvuJsYq

Yes, I have been faking my iGPU with device-id and ig-platform-id as Kaby Lake (it was just easier for me tu run when using High Sierra with my GTX 1060 + quick sync (iGPU) because it was showing there as Kaby Lake) but that faking shouldn't have any impact on that iGPU performance, right? I know a person who is using UHD 630 on 4k 60Hz monitor and it works just fine for him so that's something with my setup.

Do you have any ideas what should I check or change?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 12:53 AM, Hervé said:

Nothing wrong with CC; just make sure you use the latest version.

As for which SMBIOS to use, isn't the attachment of my previous post clear enough ?

Yes, it is not clear enough.

As you can see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_graphics_processing_units

my i5-8400 uses 3E92 which on your list exists as 3E920000 mobile and 3E920003 desktop but who knows what SMBIOS is this as your screenshot has not got the info.

Edited by Chief117

Okay, so I use: platform-id: 07009B3E and device-id: 923E0000 and in This Mac it shows UHD 630: 1536 MB 

but it's stuttering anyways.

I have now Coffee Lake but it's still stuttering. what is going on?

It's smooth for about 3 seconds after booting and then stutters. Also the same when I change resolution, it is smooth for 3 seconds and then stutters, so it's like filling the memory or something.

Do you have any idea?