System specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3 7100U

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620

RAM: 4 GB DDR4 2133 MHz

Trackpad: ELAN1200

Audio: ALC256

Wi-Fi: BCM94352HMB

Story behind

Before anything else, I must say a big thank you for RehabMan who created kexts, patches and guides to get OS X working on laptops.

I bought this laptop as a replacement for my ProBook 4540s which was heavy to be carried all over the place and it was hot when doing daily tasks with his i7 3612QM. I know, this i3 7100U is slower than the i7 but it's also more power efficient, According to Intel Power Gadget it consumes about 1.3 W when idling and about 15 W at full power and this results in a nice battery life under OS X.

I am no expert at this stuff and I did my best to set things up. For the future, I would like to patch on the fly the DSDT via clover ACPI patches but I don't know how to convert DSDT patches from MacIASL into Clover DSDT patches.

What you need:

- Mac or Hackintosh for creating the USB installer

- USB drive with at least 8 GB of storage

- Latest version of Clover

- MacIASL, Hackintool, Xcode or other plist editor

- A bunch of kexts

Creating the USB Installer:

a) For this you can refer to RehabMan's guide regarding booting OS X on laptops which can be found on some other forum...

*For ethernet you can use RealtekRTL8100.kext or if you want Wi-Fi, AirportBrcmFixup.kext

b) Or just copy my EFI folder and remove the Bluetooth kexts...

Post-Install tasks or just use my EFI folder

0. Dump the original DSDT via F4 key when you are at the clover boot loader and then disassemble them using iasl which can be found here:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads/

0.1 Open terminal and if you downloaded to the Downloads folder then execute the commands below:

cd ~/Downloads
sudo cp iasl /usr/bin

0.2 Now you need to "cd" into the directory where the DSDT and SSDT files are then, execute the command:

iasl -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

0.3 Open the DSDT.dsl and proceed to step 1.

1. Patch DSDT with the following patches: [bat] ASUS N55SL / VivoBook, [iGPU] Brightness Fix, Fix_WAK Arg0 v2, [sys] HPET Fix, [sys] IRQ Fix, [sys] OS CheckFix Windows 10, [sys] RTC fix, SMBUS Fix,Fix PNOT/PPNT,Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel, [Controllers] I2C Controllers and replace the if statement inside these 2 functions with:

Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 15.56.06.png

This replacement fixes the keyboard brightness keys.

2. Copy the resulted DSDT into Clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml

3. Gather the latest kexts and put them inside Clover/kexts/Others/

Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 15.59.12.png

Please, note that CPUFriendDataProvider.kext is a generated kext. CPUFriend allows for lower frequencies than PluginType=Yes. It goes to about 800 MHz with CPU Friend.

4. For USB patching you can find the USB SSDTs attached. Generated via Hackintool.

5. For iGPU and audio we inject Properties via Clover. I generated those via Hackintool and lots of trial and error when it came to audio. For audio we use AppleALC and layout ID 22. Headphone jack works, speakers are working with hot plug. HDMI + audio and also VGA port is working !!!

6. For the config.plist, you can again find it attached at this post with all the kexts basically is my EFI folder with DSDT patched.

7. Reboot and enjoy.

What works:

- Power Management CPU and IGPU

- Wi-Fi and Ethernet

- HDMI Audio, Speakers, Mic, Jack

- HDMI and VGA port.

- Sleep

- Trackpad with multi-touch gestures and PS2 Keyboard.

- Battery and AC status

- All USB ports including the Type-C.

What doesn't work:

- Card Reader

Screenshots

Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 22.49.25.pngScreenshot 2019-08-11 at 22.49.56.pngScreenshot 2019-08-11 at 22.49.50.pngScreenshot 2019-08-11 at 22.50.18.pngScreenshot 2019-08-11 at 22.50.31.png

Changelog:

11.08.2019:

- Added AC status

- Update WhateverGreen to 1.3.1

- Update AppleALC to 1.4.0

- Update Clover to 5045