Intel HD630 Blackscreen in Mojave installation

hoangmytr

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've just bought Giga Z390 Ultra (+8700k) because I read a lot of people reported this mainboard will easily work.

I create a USB boot drive following the post on Olarila forum. It booted and get through the verbose but then the installation enters the black screen. It seems that it's still going on but there's no signal. 

I read some topics here and there but still can't figure out how to get HD 630 works in Mojave. I've been using 10.12.6 Sierra on Z77X-UD3H + 2600K for a very long time, so I know I have to update some news info to get this work. But could you please lead me to some of helpful topic because there are a lot of them out there.

Thanks so much!

On 8/3/2019 at 10:57 AM, MaLd0n said:

create video patch with hackintool

forinstall u can try a -x or fakeintelgfx 0x12345678

Thanks for your link!

Now I'm running RX560, so at first I don't have to try the config with 630. I'll try it later.

But I have some questions:

- After you patch my DSDT (on your Olarila forums), I see my SMBIOS is 18,3. My specs is: Z390 ULTRA + 8700K + UHD 630 + RX560.  

When I go through SMBIOS list, I see iMac 19,2 which is come with i7 8700. So is 18,3 or 19,2 more fit to my system spec?

- And when I test iMac 19,2, it booted but there's no USB at all. Why does it behave like that?

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, hoangmytr said:

Thanks for your link!

Now I'm running RX560, so at first I don't have to try the config with 630. I'll try it later.

But I have some questions:

- After you patch my DSDT (on your Olarila forums), I see my SMBIOS is 18,3. My specs is: Z390 ULTRA + 8700K + UHD 630 + RX560.  

When I go through SMBIOS list, I see iMac 19,2 which is come with i7 8700. So is 18,3 or 19,2 more fit to my system spec?

- And when I test iMac 19,2, it booted but there's no USB at all. Why does it behave like that?

Thanks!

if u use iMac19,2 smbios, use this version

Pasta Sem Título.zip

2 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

if u use iMac19,2 smbios, use this version

Pasta Sem Título.zip

For those files you sent, thanks very much! What's the difference between them and the new ones? I saw the version of those files are in 2018.

About the SMBIOS, which one is the best for my specs? I read here and there but I still cannot choose which one...

Thanks!

Edited by hoangmytr