Hackintosh on X99 mobo

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to build the second Mac, first on made it work somehow, but there were still tons of things that didn't fully get to work (like usb 3, etc..)

Nevertheless, trying to install Hackintosh on another desktop of mine. Different motherboard and overall hardware. 

Could you please comment if I can have a reliable MacOS X Mojave running on it? I would also need dual-boot to choose between PC/Mac.

Here is the part list:

CPU:          Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor
MOBO:      Asus X99-DELUXE/U3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
SSD1:        Samsung SM951 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
SSD2:       Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
SSD3:       Might also get EVO 970 specifically for Hackintosh.
GPU:        Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB ROG STRIX Video Card
Monitors: 3x 2K Monitors

Thanks,

Ruben

20 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

use high sierra, ur nvidia don't work in mojave

Got it. How do i set up the dual boot properly so that it doesn't interfere with windows 10? 

I need to be sure that by removing the mac ssd I can safely get back to windows 10 in a second.

9 hours ago, rubenhak said:

Got it. How do i set up the dual boot properly so that it doesn't interfere with windows 10? 

I need to be sure that by removing the mac ssd I can safely get back to windows 10 in a second.

just set ur hdd/ssd with Clover to primrary in bios/uefi, u see entries in clover boot screen

On 8/3/2019 at 6:19 AM, MaLd0n said:

just set ur hdd/ssd with Clover to primrary in bios/uefi, u see entries in clover boot screen

ok.

How about overall procedure. Is there some kind of manual I can follow to make it work properly. There are bunch of random articles/ youtube videos, etc each covering individual parts. Some with different kext configs. Is there a complete guide somewhere for X99 board?