No Airport Icon but wireless works!

LaesQ

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I've been using the 10.4.6 Goatsecx image for a while and decided to upgrade using Jas 10.4.8. I wasn't impressed with the results so decided to go back to 10.4.6.

So I reformatted and reloaded 10.4.6. No wireless. I've since read how to fix this.

So I took the wireless card out and reinstalled 10.4.6 again. Put in the wireless card and configured it. Yay it works. Tick the little box in network that says 'Show AirPort status in menu bar' and up comes the AirPort icon and all is well...

Until I reboot. Once into Mac OS I get wireless working, but no AirPort icon. Go into Network and tick the same box (it unticked it self?!?!?). Back comes the icon... Until next reboot and it's gone again.

I find this odd as I had an Airport Icon before I tried the 10.4.8 and then had to reformat and reinstall.

Any one got any ideas? Oh I've also tried fixing the permissions on the drive. And also deleting my com.apple.airport.preferences.plist file. Still the same. Wireless works, but doesn't keep my setting for showing the icon!

Please help me keep my sanity...

LaesQ