You cannot install this widget because it isnt valid?!?

ѕӎѳѳ₮ңӌ

5 posts in this topic

I used to use the bbc radio widget frequently on my g5 imac. I'm pretty sure i used to use it on jas 10.4.5. Now it won't work, and gives the error screen (attached). Does this do this for anybody else? It didnt work on .6 .7 or .8 with any of the kernels. It works on the mac pro at my local store. Does it work for anybody else?

Many Thanks

post-42501-1164230437_thumb.png

BBC_Radio_1.wdgt.zip

Always worked for me, see set-up below. Tried yr link and installed perfectly - you might need a fresh install...

Hmm, i'm green with envy. Ive tried several fresh installs, all yield the same sorry result. Opening the widget in dashcode says that it is missing the default.png file. How this can be though confuses me, if you can install it and i could install it on the mac pro in the shop.

• 1 month later...

Sort of a dead thread but i thought id post how i sorted it out. I removed the .wdgt extension from the widget (this then just turns the widget to a folder), then the default.png inside the widget, i renamed to Default.png. Put the extension back onto the folder and bobs your uncle. This isnt just bound to hackintoshs, i had this problem with my mac pro with a fresh install.