I need help with Broadcom BCM20702 (it's urgent)

Shogun212

2 posts in this topic

Hello guys, i need your help, it's pretty urgent. So i have Broadcom BCM20702 , usb bluetooth adapter. The problem is that it's not consistent, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I need it to work all the time, because i have bluetooth headphones that i need for my job (i'm an online English teacher). I installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext , but the bluetooth device still behaves like it's not there. Every time i need to restart my laptop, it's a nightmare, bluetooth stops working, i reinstall the kexts again, restart the laptop, still doesn't work, install the kext again, restart my laptop, and it (somehow) works - hope that made sense. My laptop is Asus X555LJ , and my Mac OS version is 10.14.5. I also think that my usb ports are not configured correctly. If someone could help me, i will be more than thankful for that. I'm down for TeamViewer as well.

If you are using the Clover bootloader, I would use the BrcmFirmwareData.kext instead of the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and I would install the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and the BrcmFirmwareData.kext in Clover/kexts/10.14.  You will know if your firmware is updating properly if, in System Information for Bluetooth, the firmware version is NOT v14 c4096. Mine is v14 c5668.