Happymax1212

Need help booting from iris 550

18 posts in this topic

Hello there

I'm trying to boot Mojave 10.14.5 on my laptop (Lenovo Zhaoyang E42-80), with a I7 6567U and Iris 550 graphics. 

I'm always running into kernel panics relating to the IntelFramebuffer. I tried igplatform id=0x19270001 and some dvmt kext patch and the problem remains. :(

Please help, my clover configurations are attached below. 

CLOVER E42.zip

Advertisement
8 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

check if work

replace full efi

EFI.zip

Can get past that kernel panic and run through all the verbose boot section, but the installer itself won't run. I'm stuck at the Apple logo and the bar. 

15 hours ago, Happymax1212 said:

Can get past that kernel panic and run through all the verbose boot section, but the installer itself won't run. I'm stuck at the Apple logo and the bar. 

use intelgfx 0x12345678 and try other dev id and platform-id

10 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

Thanks you. I can boot and install macOS with dev id 0x12345678 and the system is up and running with GPU acceleration. But there're many graphic glitches, and animations aren't fluent. 

13 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

This time I installed MacOS Catalina beta 2 and there're no longer any graphic glitches, everything is working fine except HEVC hardware decoding. 

13 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

I noticed that there's still a graphic glitch while moving windows. 

8 hours ago, Happymax1212 said:

I noticed that there's still a graphic glitch while moving windows. 

if use 0x12345678 don't work, u need a correct platform-id and dev id in some cases

2 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

if use 0x12345678 don't work, u need a correct platform-id and dev id in some cases

Maybe this time it’s a bug of macOS 10.15 itself, The problem still exists after using 0x19270000 as platform-ID and 0x19278086 as device id. Anyway, thanks for your help~ 

By the way, can vga output be enabled for IGPU? My laptop has a vga connector. 

2 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

Apps like videoProc reports that only h.264 hardware acceleration works while hevc doesn’t. But I can run Sidecar without modification, which does require HEVC hardware acceleration. Guess hevc decoding actually works...

4 minutes ago, Happymax1212 said:

Maybe this time it’s a bug of macOS 10.15 itself, The problem still exists after using 0x19270000 as platform-ID and 0x19278086 as device id. Anyway, thanks for your help~ 

By the way, can vga output be enabled for IGPU? My laptop has a vga connector. 

Apps like videoProc reports that only h.264 hardware acceleration works while hevc doesn’t. But I can run Sidecar without modification, which does require HEVC hardware acceleration. Guess hevc decoding actually works...

extract new send_me with my files

36 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

the config looks good, the lpc dont cause any problem, but u don't need, skylake+ don't use it

EFI.zip

I don't know why, but if I boot without VoodooTSCSync or TSCSyncAdjust, the UI will half-freeze. I can move the cursor and type using the keyboard but sometimes the boot logo will not disappear completely , making it impossible to login (although I can see the login screen "behind" the logo, or I can log in, and then the login screen doesn't disappear completely and I can summon search using keyboard shortcuts but cannot click on anything because the half-frozen login screen is in the way... Weirdest bug I've ever seen...

1 minute ago, Happymax1212 said:

I don't know why, but if I boot without VoodooTSCSync or TSCSyncAdjust, the UI will half-freeze. I can move the cursor and type using the keyboard but sometimes the boot logo will not disappear completely , making it impossible to login (although I can see the login screen "behind" the logo, or I can log in, and then the login screen doesn't disappear completely and I can summon search using keyboard shortcuts but cannot click on anything because the half-frozen login screen is in the way... Weirdest bug I've ever seen...

ok, no problem use it

2 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

ok, no problem use it

Thanks. 

So far there're still some other problems. The CPU does turbo but while on idle can only reach as low as 1300Mhz thus not very power-saving. The laptop immediately wakes up after it was put to sleep (The power LED does flash for a second meaning it was indeed in sleep mode for a second). And I don't know if the SD card reader can be enabled, it's connected internally through USB.