Install success on Asrock Z390M Pro4 + i7-8700 but need help with USB ports

11 posts in this topic

Hi all. 

I've managed to install High Sierra on my system and upgraded to Mojave. But I still need to tune up few things to make Hackintosh usable.

Below is the spec:

Mobo: Asrock Z390M Pro4

CPU: Intel i7-8700

RAM: Hyper X 8GB 2666MHz x 2

iGPU: Intel UHD630

dGPU: MSI Nvidia GT 740 & Saphire AMD RX580. Both GPU working OOB.

Sound: Realtek ALC892

SSD: 2.5" Kingston 240GB SATA 

Monitor: Viewsonic VX2476 Full HD

Need help on these:

1) iGPU only show 7MB of VRAM. I've changed the setting in bios to 128MB but still it remains at 7MB.

I can watch Youtube without problems but I noticed it does not use VP9 codec, so the video quality is not so good even at Full HD.

I tried to use numerous methods I found online but still it does not work.

Decided to get my self 2 graphic cards to test and use iGPU in headless mode.

2) No sound through HDMI.

I've managed to get the sound working after following a guide from https://hackintosher.com/guides/get-hackintosh-audio-working/ 

but there's no sound from my monitor's speaker and there's no option to choose HDMI Audio.

Sound through HDMI is working after I installed graphic card.

3) Some USB ports are not working

Some USB rear ports are not working. And also my wireless mouse pointer is degraded to almost unsusable when I put USB thumbdrive to certain ports.

My USB ports now is in better condition but only 2 ports can get 5gbps speed. All others are max at 480Mbps and not working with USB3 devices.

I hope there's somebody that can help me or point to the right direction. So far I tried to follow some guides from this forums or other websites but 

I just wish it works the 1st time I follow through the guide. I also googled and not many people have the same build as me.

Other than USB issue, so far my system behaves normally. Anybody know how to test the CPU?

Edited by brokenbracelet
Solved few items

I've decided to get myself a video card and set iGPU to headless mode.

It fixes my problem 1) and 2). I also can wake up from sleep normally.

But I still have problem with my USB ports. Only 2 ports have 5Gbps speed.

All others are 480Mbps max.

I've tried to execute RunMe and give the permission but still it failed to dump

the IOREG.

Edited by brokenbracelet

11 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

replace full EFI, reboot

EFI.zip

I replaced the EFI folder and now all my USB ports cannot working. I cannot even log in.

I remember I've installed USBinjectall, lilu and whatevergreen kext using devtool before.

I'm not sure that the cause.

Edited by brokenbracelet

24 minutes ago, brokenbracelet said:

I replaced the EFI folder and now all my USB ports cannot working. I cannot even log in.

I remember I've installed USBinjectall.kext using devtool before.

I'm not sure that the cause.

replace config.plist, reboot

config.plist.zip

extract one new full dump after reboot

--Run_Me
RunMe.app
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wmIfGLe3A

• 4 months later...

I'll just live with 2 x USB3 ports and others with USB2.0 speed. But the USB 3 port recently killed my USB3 thumbdrive after I copied a big file.

Currently I've upgraded it to MacOS Catalina 15.1 and installed the latest lilu+whatevergreen kext and my screen artifact disappeared.

Anybody know if somebody have dsdt for this motherboard? I wish to make my USB3 ports usable.

I tried to use the USBmap.kext method but it only can detect 2 USB3 ports.

So I still cannot increase my USB3 port quantity.