Problem installing WIN10 in a dualboot system with 2 separate SSD nvme pcie

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,
I'm trying to build a multiboot system on my new build based on

Gigabyte Z390 Designare

Intel i9-9900K

Sapphire Radeon RX 580 pulse 8 gb

Clover bootloader (UEFI mode)
I have already installed macOS mojave on a nvme pcie SSD (Samsung 870 EVO 500 gb) on the M.2 M2P connector
Later I tried to install Windows 10 PRO on a second nvme pcie SSD (Samsung 970 PRO 512 gb) on the M.2 M2M:

- both SSDs nvme pcie connected

- UEFI bios: Windows 8/10 Features -> Windows 8/10, CSM Support -> Enabled
- created a Windows 10 USB installer with Rufus according to this guide:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support#create_windows10_uefi_rufus
- initialized the target nvme pcie SSD (970 PRO) using disk utility (GPT / HFS + journaled) in macOS Mojave
- After boot from the Windows 10 USB installer, I deleted the HFS+ partition previously created by disk utility in Mojave (preserving the EFI partition)

- selected for Windows 10 installation the unallocated space
Unfortunately after the first stage the installation process was interrupted with the error message:

"Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation"

Restarting the installation process there are the following partition on the target drive:
Unit 0 Partition 1: EFI
Unit 0 Partition 2: Recovery
Unit 0 Partition 3:
Unit 0 Partition 4: MSR (Reserved)
Unit 0 Partition 2: Primary
but it is not impossible to resume the installation trying to format the Primary Partition:

"Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing partition"

How can i solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for Your help

Edited by SardusX86

Guest millusions

windows errors normally dont tell anything.

i suggest removing or disconnecting all hard drives but the windows drive.

dont do mojave init, why? windows has a different partitioning scheme to mac.

i would use paragon disk manager or something and delete all partitions on future windows drive