Welcome to InsanelyMac.com - No more ads! And some exciting news... Read more... ×
uXmow

Mojave System Freeze/Hang (10.14.4 - 10.14.5)

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been suffering from random system hangs. I've just updated to the latest 10.14.5 version of Mojave.
But I've been getting them as early as my first hackintosh on High Sierra... (Back then I've used a Nvidia GTX 970)
Really frustrating as nothing helped so far.

my symptoms:

• Picture freezes/hangs with the picture visible
  • Audio freezes (no sound or loops)
  • Cannot move the mouse or any other responses.
  • Have to hard reset after such a freeze
  • Totally random, not load related as it can happen when idle, or when just working in chrome etc... sometimes i can last for a day without a freeze and then sometimes it happens every half an hour...

my system:

• Motherboard: Gigabitye Z68AP-D3 (Rev 1.0 w Legacy bios - !NO UEFI!)
  • CPU: Intel i7-2600K
  • GPU: XFX RX 580 8GB Using Display port (other ports causes black screen during boot)
  • RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 1333 MHz
  • SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • I've uploaded my updated EFI folder here.
  • Kexts also uploaded here. Installed /Library/Extensions/ All the latest versions.
    • 179432807_Screenshot2019-05-22at10_03_38.png.cebab29c3f90f736cd233549344f6803.png

Any help is appreciated:)

Edited by uXmow
Reuploaded new EFI and Kext folders with Hervé's Config.Plist and ssdt

MacPro1,1 is not a supported platform for Mojave; you should opt for a properly supported iMac or MacPro SMBIOS instead. I'm not sure that you have proper CPU power management either. I've generated your CPU-specific SSDT that I would suggest you try out after placing it in ACPI/patched along with the attached revised Clover config. Keep a backup of your current config of course, so that you may recall it easily through Clover options menu if required.

ssdt.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

This being said, XFX cards are known to cause issues in Hackintoshes so it's highly likely that your problems all come from that.

Eg: https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7330

If you can, try another card (Sapphire instead of XFX for instance).

Edited by Hervé

21 minutes ago, Hervé said:

MacPro1,1 is not a supported platform for Mojave; you should opt for a properly supported iMac or MacPro SMBIOS instead. I'm not sure that you have proper CPU power management either. I've generated your CPU-specific SSDT that I would suggest you try out after placing it in ACPI/patched along with the attached revised Clover config. Keep a backup of your current config of course, so that you may recall it easily through Clover options menu if required.

ssdt.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

This being said, XFX cards are known to cause issues in Hackintoshes so it's highly likely that your problems all come from that.

Eg: https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7330

If you can, try another card (Sapphire instead of XFX for instance).

Hi Thank you! 

I know sadly xfx can cause issues but i had this problem since i started using hackintosh with high sierra and with a GTX 970 so that shouldn't be it.

I'll try the config plist thank you! :)

Sorry for beeing a n00b... ACPI/patched is in EFI/Clover right? And I just have to copy it there no extra setup needed for it?

Sadly for sure i have no CPU power management set up as I have no idea about it...

Edited by uXmow

Yes ACPI/patched is under the Clover folder. You had obviously deleted this from the EFI folder you uploaded so I could not see any extracted tables (found in ACPI/origin if extracted through F4 at Clover menu) nor any patched tables you may already use.

1 minute ago, Hervé said:

Yes ACPI/patched is under the Clover folder. You had obviously deleted this from the EFI folder you uploaded so I could not see any extracted tables (found in ACPI/origin if extracted through F4 at Clover menu) nor any patched tables you may already use.

yes because it was empty, so nothing was there and the zip I've uploaded was my whole EFI folder. 

I'm already using your config.plist and the ssdt.aml under ACPI/Patched and so far so good no freezes, but as I've stated in my op it was random so I'm not sure if this already fixed my issues :)

If your FakeSMC kext contains the sensor PlugIns (I did not check), you can use HWMonitor app to keep an eye on things such as temperatures and CPU power management. I highly recommend it. If the PlugIns are not there, you can simply copy them next to your existing add-on kexts or in a PlugIns subfolder inside FakeSMC.

2 minutes ago, Hervé said:

If your FakeSMC kext contains the sensor PlugIns (I did not check), you can use HWMonitor app to keep an eye on things such as temperatures and CPU power management. I highly recommend it. If the PlugIns are not there, you can simply copy them next to your existing add-on kexts or in a PlugIns subfolder inside FakeSMC.

These are my only kexts: xbdbmkrjhez21.png.877c922d12eb615c5f786382f97c8c39.png which plugins should i exactly use? I have the HWMonitor app which can only show SSD temperature at the moment...

Sadly I still encounter freezes... No special thing to mention about the the temperatures... CPU is usually between 50-65 C

Any other ideas? :)

• Similar Content

• By lizdav
      Hi,

I would like to ask for some advice or help even.

I have had some usability issues in the past with my hackintosh so I installed Mojave for the second time but it keeps producing the same exact problem. Most of the time the system stutters and lags after login. The app icons just bounce if I want to open them and even if it does it takes forever. Another thing I picked up on is that it seems like there's no internet access whenever this occurs. The problem ceases after like 2-3 restarts and everything is back to normal. 

What could cause an issue like this? I had the same thing happening with my previous install but I thought that was because of unnecessary kexts I left in the EFI. I only have the bare minimum required this time so I'm kinda lost.

Computer specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte B360M D3H
      Graphics: Radeon Vega 64 8OC
      CPU: Intel i7 8700k
      Ram: 32 Gig
      SSD: Samsung Evo 860 250gb

I also have a separate HDD with Windows 10 installed for gaming purposes. I would greatly appreciate any kind of help, thanks in advance!

–David

config.plist
    • By StephDu
      Hello there,

I was stuck with my hackintosh freezing completely when scrolling in a folder (in Finder) full of videos or pictures. I tried many solutions but the only that worked was to disable the option "show icon preview" in the VIEW / SHOW VIEW OPTIONS of Finder.

This is maybe not a proper fix, but not having the preview icon for me is far less important than being able to look inside my folders!

Sorry if it was already mentioned in a different post but didn't find it. Hope it might help someone as well.

By the way, my config:
      - GIGABYTE Z390 GAMING-X / I9 9900 / MSI RX 5700 XT / 32 GB RAM 3200 / CATALINA 15.6
    • By aerokevv
      Hey everyone,

I'm having some trouble with connecting my new 3rd monitor to my machine.
      First off, here is some info about my build:

macOS High Sierra 10.13.5
      CPU: Intel i7 Coffee Lake 8700k
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
      Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
      Running on Clover. (config.plist attachment below)

Monitors:
      DELL U2718Q 4K
      iiyama ProLite XUB2792UHSU 4K
      Phillips HD Monitor

So the problem is:
      I bought the iiyama to use as a 3rd monitor. Previously I was using the DELL through a DisplayPort, and the Phillips through HDMI which worked fine.
      When I first got the iiyama monitor and I plugged it in everything was working great. The next day I boot up my machine and it will freeze on a black screen after I boot macOS through the clover bootscreen. I unplugged the new monitor, restarted the machine and it would boot normally again.

I started trying some different inputs and nothing seemed to solve the problem. All that I know is that the machine freezes as soon as I plug in a 3rd cable, doesnt matter if its HDMI or DP. I even bought a HDMI to DP cable for the Phillips, to see if it was an HDMi problem, but even then it doesn't work. I've also tried powering the monitors off and turning them on once the machine has booted. Also no luck.

Any help from one of you Hackintosh guru's would be highly appreciated. I bought the 3rd screen to make working from home even more efficient, but sadly enough my build won't allow me...

Thanks in advance!

Greets,

Kevin
      config.plist
    • By juanjullian
      So i managed to install latest Catalina with opencore 0.59 and latest acidanthera's work on my HP 840-g4. But i have just one annoying problem: IMEI.

The issue is exactly the same as described here:

and in other thread at the commercial hack site with big eyes.

Most of the applications not responding after wake from sleep. crashed quicklookup, quicktime player, youtube, hackintool, etc, etc. (spinning color wheel).

So surfing deeply on the forums, i noticed that the problem is related of lack of IMEI injection. So i tried manual HECI to IMEI patch, knowing that WhateverGreen do that work. No results.

The only way that i can get IMEI on ioReg is changing the address from 16 to 0, through a ACPI patch:

dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>HECI ADDRESS</string> <key>Count</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>Enabled</key> <true/> <key>Find</key> <data>SEVDSQhfQURSDAAAFgA=</data> <key>Limit</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>Mask</key> <data></data> <key>OemTableId</key> <data></data> <key>Replace</key> <data>SEVDSQhfQURSDAAAAAA=</data> <key>ReplaceMask</key> <data></data> <key>Skip</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>TableLength</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>TableSignature</key> <data></data> </dict>  
      So with this i can get IMEI on IoReg

But i think that is a problem! Because the KBL FrameBuffer can't initialize the MEI Service, even with the IMEI at ioreg, this is from boot syslog:

2020-06-24 16:38:29.075004-0400 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebufferController::createMEIDriver()> [IGFB][ERROR ] Failed to start MEI service! 2020-06-24 16:38:29.075014-0400 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer) <AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer`AppleIntelFramebufferController::createMEIDriver()> [IGFB][ERROR ] Failed to create MEI service  

Soooo, the question is:

How can i solve this?!!

I also tried:

1. SSDT-IGPU from Rehabman
      2. SSDT-IMEI
      3. Rename HECI to IMEI ACPI patch
      All these with no luck.

PD: I have to say that not SDcard mount after wake from sleep and this are the only two thing left to solve in order to get full working hackintosh laptop.!

Thanks in advance

EFI.zip
      ioreg_imei0.ioreg.zip
      syslog.txt
    • By alexbohariuc
      Hey guys, I'm new here, so hello world!

Here we go. 
      I have the following configuration:
      Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 i9 9900K Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ Corsair Vengeance 64GB 3000Mhz Corsair H150i PRO (disconnected from the internal USB) Samsung Evo 970 1 TB - Catalina Install Intel 660p 1tb - simple storage drive  
      I have the latest Catalina version installed with OpenCore 0.5.8 Bootloader.
      I have followed the guide, and also relied on this EFI, since I have the same hardware: https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh

When idle the pc freezes - becomes unresponsive and my router disconnects from the internet (Archer C9, connected via PPPOE user/pass).
      Besides the freezing issue, which I’m not sure where it comes from, the internet disconnection just puzzles me. Any ideas?

Things I tried so far:

Reset NVRAM Disabled cfg lock Removed the BT BCM94360CS2 from the internal USB port (solved the sleep issue) Removed IntelMausiEthernet.kext and disabled the NIC in BIOS - saw some similar problems related to this Used Vgtab to generate the power table for the video card (Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+)  
      Also, before OC bootloader is loaded I get this message, but otherwise boots normally:
      OC: Setting NVRAM 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:rtc-blacklist - Not Found

I'll try replacing IntelMausiEthernet.kext with IntelMausi from Acidanthera, but I don't think it will make any difference since disabling the NIC and removing IntelMausiEthernet didn't do anything.
      Delete the entries from Add and Block in config.plist to remove the NVRAM error above - although since it boots I don't think it's related to my freezing issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!