Mojave System Freeze/Hang (10.14.4 - 10.14.5)

uXmow

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been suffering from random system hangs. I've just updated to the latest 10.14.5 version of Mojave.
But I've been getting them as early as my first hackintosh on High Sierra... (Back then I've used a Nvidia GTX 970)
Really frustrating as nothing helped so far.

my symptoms:

• Picture freezes/hangs with the picture visible
  • Audio freezes (no sound or loops)
  • Cannot move the mouse or any other responses.
  • Have to hard reset after such a freeze
  • Totally random, not load related as it can happen when idle, or when just working in chrome etc... sometimes i can last for a day without a freeze and then sometimes it happens every half an hour...

my system:

• Motherboard: Gigabitye Z68AP-D3 (Rev 1.0 w Legacy bios - !NO UEFI!)
  • CPU: Intel i7-2600K
  • GPU: XFX RX 580 8GB Using Display port (other ports causes black screen during boot)
  • RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 1333 MHz
  • SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • I've uploaded my updated EFI folder here.
  • Kexts also uploaded here. Installed /Library/Extensions/ All the latest versions.
    • 179432807_Screenshot2019-05-22at10_03_38.png.cebab29c3f90f736cd233549344f6803.png

Any help is appreciated:)

Edited by uXmow
Reuploaded new EFI and Kext folders with Hervé's Config.Plist and ssdt

21 minutes ago, Hervé said:

MacPro1,1 is not a supported platform for Mojave; you should opt for a properly supported iMac or MacPro SMBIOS instead. I'm not sure that you have proper CPU power management either. I've generated your CPU-specific SSDT that I would suggest you try out after placing it in ACPI/patched along with the attached revised Clover config. Keep a backup of your current config of course, so that you may recall it easily through Clover options menu if required.

ssdt.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

This being said, XFX cards are known to cause issues in Hackintoshes so it's highly likely that your problems all come from that.

Eg: https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7330

If you can, try another card (Sapphire instead of XFX for instance).

Hi Thank you! 

I know sadly xfx can cause issues but i had this problem since i started using hackintosh with high sierra and with a GTX 970 so that shouldn't be it.

I'll try the config plist thank you! :)

Sorry for beeing a n00b... ACPI/patched is in EFI/Clover right? And I just have to copy it there no extra setup needed for it?

Sadly for sure i have no CPU power management set up as I have no idea about it...

Edited by uXmow

1 minute ago, Hervé said:

Yes ACPI/patched is under the Clover folder. You had obviously deleted this from the EFI folder you uploaded so I could not see any extracted tables (found in ACPI/origin if extracted through F4 at Clover menu) nor any patched tables you may already use.

yes because it was empty, so nothing was there and the zip I've uploaded was my whole EFI folder. 

I'm already using your config.plist and the ssdt.aml under ACPI/Patched and so far so good no freezes, but as I've stated in my op it was random so I'm not sure if this already fixed my issues :)

2 minutes ago, Hervé said:

If your FakeSMC kext contains the sensor PlugIns (I did not check), you can use HWMonitor app to keep an eye on things such as temperatures and CPU power management. I highly recommend it. If the PlugIns are not there, you can simply copy them next to your existing add-on kexts or in a PlugIns subfolder inside FakeSMC.

These are my only kexts: xbdbmkrjhez21.png.877c922d12eb615c5f786382f97c8c39.png which plugins should i exactly use? I have the HWMonitor app which can only show SSD temperature at the moment...