Dell B120 Laptop problems

spatimouth

5 posts in this topic

So I was able to run through the OS X install but I had to use a -f option, otherwise it would freeze up on the grey apple screen. Ran through the install, it rebooted, but then froze up at the grey apple screen again but with a stop sign in the middle. Rebooted the Machine and then I got a B0 error. Anyone get OS X running on this laptop or am I just out of luck? Thanx for any replies.

Found out for this model that the installer will hang at a blue screen unless have a secondary monitor connected to the laptop..... for the love of god I put in a extra option when installing that allowed me not to have a monitor connected but I can't remember... Now I'm trying to get past the b0 part

yeah, my girl friend wanted me to put this on her Dell b120. And it hung at the blue screen. Does hooking a monitor in it really solve the problem? And if it does, do u think once its installed, ull have to do that to run it?

Here's the Link to the thread about the monitor http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i....php/t6880.html

Now I get stuck at "waiting for boot device" and it hangs..... :| Something's going on with the hard drive not being detected correctly.

Finally I was able to get Mac OS X up and running from a 10.4.6 disk.... I choose a custom install.. I had to use two wires connected into the VGA port to get the install to load, I got a kernel panic error for the cpu so I ran the install again, ran the terminal and putted this command

cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/WHATYOUNAMEDYOURPARTITION

ha everything is working but sound :(