How to disable specific PCIe slot - SSDT?

Mo Facta

20 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to disable specific PCIe slots, maybe via a SSDT or DSDT patch?

The reason for this is because of the problem I'm facing outlined in this thread:  

I want to disable the PCIe slot my Windows NVMe drive (non-M.2)is plugged into because it is causing the GPU to fail to initialize.  Unless anyone has another idea?  Specs and info in the linked thread.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers :)

Thanks @MaLd0n.  The device instance path in Device Manager is SCSI\DISK&VEN_OCZ&PROD_Z-DRIVE_R4_RM84\7&327935FB&0&000000.  Am I looking in the right place?

If you could give me a bit more information on how to do what you are suggesting it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks again :)

1 hour ago, Mo Facta said:

Thanks @MaLd0n.  The device instance path in Device Manager is SCSI\DISK&VEN_OCZ&PROD_Z-DRIVE_R4_RM84\7&327935FB&0&000000.  Am I looking in the right place?

If you could give me a bit more information on how to do what you are suggesting it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks again :)

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=8577

locations path

Thanks.  I found the locations path.  

It's 

LOCATION PATHS

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0103)#PCI(0002)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0000)
ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(GPP2)#ACPI(PT02)#ACPI(PT20)#ACPI(X4_0)

Using MaciASL I found the location path.  Can I simply delete the entries and put it in DSDT patches in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched?

Sorry for my noobness.  I really need help here.

Cheers :)