Fan and hdd keep running during sleep

Ade866

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have been optimizing my Asus x54h for some time. But now I find myself with sierra 10.12.6 installed with the problem of sleep, well: as soon as I put the PC to sleep the fans keep running, after a while they stop for a second and then start to turn again waking up the PC. What do you think the problem is? The notebook is equipped with: Amd 6470M CPU intel core i3 2330m. 4gb Ram DDR3 SDRAM. Clover legacy bootloader.

config.plist

SSDT.aml

DSDT.aml

Andrea’s iMac.zip

1 hour ago, Ade866 said:

I'm sorry but it didn't work the fans and the HDD keep restarting

I looked at your IOReg, and in section CPU0 ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin ** AGPMConrroller you have only IGPU no GFX0 power management. It's correct for MacBookPro8,1 which have only IGPU, but you are using radeon graphic and need GFX0 power management. I would try putting second config.plist in your clover folder with smbios MacBookPro8,2 and try boot from that config and test it. If it successful you probably will need make new SSDT.

57 minutes ago, hardcorehenry said:

I looked at your IOReg, and in section CPU0 ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin ** AGPMConrroller you have only IGPU no GFX0 power management. It's correct for MacBookPro8,1 which have only IGPU, but you are using radeon graphic and need GFX0 power management. I would try putting second config.plist in your clover folder with smbios MacBookPro8,2 and try boot from that config and test it. If it successful you probably will need make new SSDT.

hi and thanks for your interest: well I changed smbios in macbook pro 8.2 and I generated a new ssdt but when I put the laptop into sleep now the screen turns off and the fans keep running without stopping I can't even wake him up if not by restarting him.

SSDT.aml

Andrea’s iMac 2.zip

config.plist

Edited by Ade866

1 hour ago, Ade866 said:

hi and thanks for your interest: well I changed smbios in macbook pro 8.2 and I generated a new ssdt but when I put the laptop into sleep now the screen turns off and the fans keep running without stopping I can't even wake him up if not by restarting him.

SSDT.aml

Andrea’s iMac 2.zip

Send screenshot of your folder with kexts in clover. You using whatevergreen so you should uncheck fix display in ACPI section in your config.plist. Remove rename IGPU to GFX0, whatevergreen does it. You have many fixes in config and they repeat in your dsdt. When next boot enter clover options and uncheck fixes you already have in your dsdt. I would also try different value with darkwake boot flag. And finally you could try HibernationFixup.kext.

Edited by hardcorehenry

1 hour ago, hardcorehenry said:

Send screenshot of your folder with kexts in clover. You using whatevergreen so you should uncheck fix display in ACPI section in your config.plist. Remove rename IGPU to GFX0, whatevergreen does it. You have many fixes in config and they repeat in your dsdt. When next boot enter clover options and uncheck fixes you already have in your dsdt. I would also try different value with darkwake boot flag. And finally you could try HibernationFixup.kext.

Thanks for the advice I am attaching the contents of the kext folder for the moment.

Kext_1.jpeg