install MAC - OSX blank HDD no startup disk , USING PC KEYBOARD

Nancy.E

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys , i need some serious help

I bought a IMAc From a friend and the HDD was completely wiped no STARTUP DISK OR NOTHING

i USE WINDOWS KEYBOARD I NEED TO INSTALL MAC OS X , MAVERICK ON IT , my friend told me she had maverick on it but someone wiped the HDD for her 

WHEN i created bootable USB with a maverick i downloaded from internet it didnt boot

i tried dvd it didnt boot it was bootable iso i created with windows software transmac

can someone tell me how to setup a new MAC OS X ON MY imac

its MID 2011 WITH 1 Tb HDD it just gives me question mark with any command using the PC keyboard

anyone please help , with deep details and simple to understand i am new to MAC 

THANKS.

This forum is more for running Mac OS on no. Apple hardware.

Best way to get a bootable usb drive is to do it from another machine running Mac OS if you can get access to one.

Can be done on windows but I’ve never tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did bootable USB but it wont load with my PC KEYBOARD , it shows me a flashing question mark 

right now i am burning a file to my dvd and hope mac will read my dvd WITH C command to boot from dvd I am burning a 8 gig dual DVD at the moment 

i will see if i may use MAC on my DESKTOP but i have a problem with VMWARE installing mac with AMD , right now i need someone who can help me with a clean install to a blank hdd on real iMAC