Almost there, frozen sleep and shutdown panic, requesting a bit of help/advice

Hifi33

1 post in this topic

Hi, I am quite happy with my new build , as far as I can tell it works the same as my old cMP as far as functionality.  I do have this nagging issue with sleep unfortunately.  I am not sure if the computer ever goes to sleep, but if I leave it for more than ten minutes the monitor black screen will never go back to the desktop.  Leaving me no choice but to reset the computer.  If I uncheck the power saving options and disable sleep, the monitor will go into sleep mode and wake back up no issues, but from a power consumption point of view, I would rather my entire machine go to sleep.

Second issue deals with the shutdown process going into a panic. again needing a hard reset, unsure if this is related to the first issue with sleep, but the computer will not shutdown amicably without the panic. "TLB invalidation IPI timeout, unresponsive CPU bitmap" in "..corresponding to current thread: launchd".  I am unsure how to upload a debug file or create one at this moment but I will once I locate those instructions.

I didn't follow any one guide in particular, but an amalgamation that was closest to my pc configuration setup, but I would certainly welcome one that would work for this setup the best.  I don't mind reinstalling and starting over if it will fix the issues. :) 

My build:

i7 9700k

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro (no wifi)

Sapphire RX580 Nitro 8GB

Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400 8GBx2. slots A2 and B2

HP ex900 nvme 500GB

Corsair H100i Pro RGB

Fractal Design R6 Case

LG UL550-W connected via DP

Idle CPU temps running between 24C and 27C .  @42C approaching full load no OC. yet.

Edited by Hifi33